Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Arous Pro
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
GTX 1080
Hey guys I have been looking for a thunderbolt pcie card that is compatible with macOS and windows? Is there a card out there that would work?

Hey guys I have been looking for a thunderbolt pcie card that is compatible with macOS and windows? Is there a card out there that would work?

Concrete,

I hope you can find one because I've been looking for one too! Please, post it here if you find one on another website!

-Kyle

AFAIK there's no universal solution. ASUS and Gigabyte have their own PCIe Thunderbolt cards (ThunderboltEX 3 and GC-Titan Ridge respectively) but your motherboard must support these cards. You cannot just plug them into any random motherboard.

AFAIK there's no universal solution. ASUS and Gigabyte have their own PCIe Thunderbolt cards (ThunderboltEX 3 and GC-Titan Ridge respectively) but your motherboard must support these cards. You cannot just plug them into any random motherboard.
I understand that, but even if the motherboard does support it would High Sierra support it?

I understand that, but even if the motherboard does support it would High Sierra support it?
Yes.... because i use one with the Gigabyte Z270x and their Alpine Ridge Thunderbolt 3 v1.0

Im on an Asus Prime z370a and my EX3 just died. For backstory this happened after I attempted to raise my BLK value in bios by freaking 1. Not sure if that's the real reason but...whatever.

Anyways, I absolutely need to get this resolved now. Do you guys think I could use the gigabyte card in my Asus board? @CaseySJ?

Im on an Asus Prime z370a and my EX3 just died. For backstory this happened after I attempted to raise my BLK value in bios by freaking 1. Not sure if that's the real reason but...whatever.

Anyways, I absolutely need to get this resolved now. Do you guys think I could use the gigabyte card in my Asus board? @CaseySJ?
have you tried to re flash your bios?

have you tried to re flash your bios?
Hmm I can’t get into bios now. I’ve pulled the battery and I’ve even ditched all PCI cards. I can however get into OS and everything is great there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back