Motherboard
gigabyte z390
CPU
i5
Graphics
gigabyte
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Has anyone investigated 14-1 thunderbolt pinout used on the Asus thunderboltEX -3tr and also the Asus thunderboltEX 4 AIC's?

Thanks

Currently, I'm using the EX4 without a header on an Asus Prime z370a-II. Works great but needs an SSDT. Needs to force load AppleThunderboltNHI.kext for sleep to work.

Is this what you are looking for?

TB4 Header Pinout.png TB4 header on Asus motherboards.
TB4 Asus Motherboards.png

@NorthAmTransAm
Currently, I'm using the EX4 without a header on an Asus Prime z370a-II. Works great but needs an SSDT. Needs to force load AppleThunderboltNHI.kext for sleep to work.
Now you've been using ASUS ThunderboltEX 4 thunderbolt 4 AIC without connecting a header cable, right?
I got the one, but when it is attached on my Big Sur, the system froze a few minutes after boot, no input, freezing screen, no connection via VNC, no USB power.
How do you get your AIC worked??

@NorthAmTransAm

Now you've been using ASUS ThunderboltEX 4 thunderbolt 4 AIC without connecting a header cable, right?
I got the one, but when it is attached on my Big Sur, the system froze a few minutes after boot, no input, freezing screen, no connection via VNC, no USB power.
How do you get your AIC worked??
Correct but there are few things to it.

• My board has a Thunderbolt Header and (of course) Bios options
  • I have the 6-pin power cabled connected
  • I have the USB 2.0 Header connected

Without enabling Thunderbolt in bios turning on a Thunderbolt device will crash macOS. However, with an SSDT and booting with Thunderbolt device on I can use it.

Correct but there are few things to it.

• My board has a Thunderbolt Header and (of course) Bios options
  • I have the 6-pin power cabled connected
  • I have the USB 2.0 Header connected

Without enabling Thunderbolt in bios turning on a Thunderbolt device will crash macOS. However, with an SSDT and booting with Thunderbolt device on I can use it.
@NorthAmTransAm
I don't know why Catalina don't crash but Big Sur do crash. In both OS, I turned Thunderbolt enable on BIOS.
How do you feel?

@NorthAmTransAm
I don't know why Catalina don't crash but Big Sur do crash. In both OS, I turned Thunderbolt enable on BIOS.
How do you

see if AppleThunderboltNHI.kext is loaded in Big Sur. You may need to force load it with terminal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back