Contribute
Register

Thunderbolt 4, modified firmware, Full Thunderbolt Bus tree

Simply modify the device path in SSDT and also include/enable SSDT-DTPG.aml. Then reboot and check IORegistryExplorer.

Ok here are my findings, I get what you expect without my LG Ultrafine 5k connected (screenshot attached) if I boot with my thunderbolt monitor It works with sound and webcam. But the thunderbolt bus info in System Information app is gone and I cant hot swap it. In the prior SSDT you provided "SSDT-MAPLE-RIDGE-RP05-V1B.aml" I could hot plug the monitor but I would loose USB on it after the hot plug (webcam and sound)
Screenshot 2024-04-10 at 12.04.59 PM.png

Hello @CaseySJ and @gandem

Nice to hear from you. Yes, the world is small.
It's funny, my daughter is currently studying medicine at ETH Zurich :).
But yes, the view from ETH over Zurich is beautiful.

Of course I share my config.plist with you.
I'm happy if I can help the community.

What I've tried in the meantime is to test the whole thing under Sonoma. Unfortunately, sleep doesn't work.

Now it's up to you, unfortunately my knowledge is no longer sufficient.
But if I can help in any way, just let me know.

Attachments

• config.plist
    73.2 KB · Views: 6
Ok here are my findings, I get what you expect without my LG Ultrafine 5k connected (screenshot attached) if I boot with my thunderbolt monitor It works with sound and webcam. But the thunderbolt bus info in System Information app is gone and I cant hot swap it. In the prior SSDT you provided "SSDT-MAPLE-RIDGE-RP05-V1B.aml" I could hot plug the monitor but I would loose USB on it after the hot plug (webcam and sound)
This is awesome! It works even on Asus W680-Ace.

To address the issues you described, please try adding the three kernel patches on Page 1 of this thread.

Hello @CaseySJ and @gandem

Nice to hear from you. Yes, the world is small.
It's funny, my daughter is currently studying medicine at ETH Zurich :).
But yes, the view from ETH over Zurich is beautiful.

Of course I share my config.plist with you.
I'm happy if I can help the community.

What I've tried in the meantime is to test the whole thing under Sonoma. Unfortunately, sleep doesn't work.

Now it's up to you, unfortunately my knowledge is no longer sufficient.
But if I can help in any way, just let me know.
Thanks so much!
Reading the comments from @taylorsyn, I'm wondering if my problem is my UltraFine monitor. I think I've had it plugged in on every boot. I'll test without when I get home this evening.

This is awesome! It works even on Asus W680-Ace.

To address the issues you described, please try adding the three kernel patches on Page 1 of this thread.

@CaseySJ I added the 3 kernel patches but I still lose sound/webcam in the monitor waking from sleep.

Last edited:
I have a GC Maple Ridge add on card that's not flashed installed on my z690 AERO G DDR4. If I can help out, let me know.
Hi @beelzebozo
if you are able to flash your GC-MapleRidge with CH341A programmer, you are welcome to test it and see if you have sleep issue on this mobo. All files (firmware & SSDT) are available on this thread.

Thanks for testing !

As AppleThunderboltNHI driver is not loaded, you have something wrong with your SSDT (device-id and/or class-code spoofing).
I'll re-download the SSDT this evening. Thanks!

Asus Z690 ProArt Creator:
  • I just ran TbtNvmDrvShellUpdate.efi with original NVM31, but version number changed to 33 (because previous flash was done with version changed to 32)
  • BIOS version: 2004
  • macOS Sonoma 14.5 public beta
  • Maple Ridge SSDT enabled
  • Kernel patches enabled
Result:
  • Thunderbolt Local Node is not enabled
  • So SSDT alone is not sufficient for this particular combination of BIOS and macOS
Other Observation:
  • When TbtNvmDrvShellUpdate.efifinished, it reported something to the effect:
    • New firmware verified and passed authentication
  • "passed authentication" did not appear when modified firmware, so authentication check is being done, but only for informational purposes
Screenshot 2024-04-10 at 1.25.21 PM.png

Last edited:
Hello to all Hackintosh friends and especially to you @CaseySJ, @Elias64Fr and @Inmike09

First of all, I would like to thank you for your tireless work.
I am a big fan of yours and am following this report with great interest.
I was excited to implement your findings on my Z690, and what can I say, the Thunderbolt Bus is here.
Of course it doesn't work perfectly yet, but maybe I can help you with my findings.

My system:

- Pro Art Z690 with BIOS 9901 (NVM 31)
- macOS Ventura 13.6.4
- Mac Pro 7.1
- SSDT-THB4-RP05
- config.plist two Ventura patches

After a cold boot with devices connected, Thunderbolt works 100%.
No problems with sleep either.

Unfortunately, things look a little different after the system wakes up.
After pressing the keyboard, it takes about 20 to 40 seconds until an image appears.
This depends on the Thunderbolt devices connected.
In the console I have several crash reports from the mdsstores service.
There is also an error with the Thunderbolt Bus Status.
However, all devices still work perfectly.
USB was never a problem.

I can easily repeat the sleep.
I tested several devices, USB3 hard drives, TB3 hard drives and USB sticks.
Hot plug also works.

Hot Plug only doesn't work with the TB4 Dock from Microsoft.
But I don't know whether this also works on an original Mac.

I am sending you my screenshots.

I'm not a Hackintosh professional, but I would be very happy to help.
Many greetings from Switzerland

cold boot
View attachment 581239
after sleep
View attachment 581240
io reg
View attachment 581246
View attachment 581247
Hi @sihl32a from Switzerland, neighbour country :)

We still have same error 0xe0002d6 like saw on @Inmike09 results. On disassembled code, redundant logs with this error code are related to "command time-out", I can't say more. Experimentation with unflashed firmware is new for Thunderbolt part of component.

For USB part (XHCx), I have experienced on my system an unplug/replug for USB devices on wake from sleep with USB Error banner. This is not the case for thunderbolt devices.

Thanks for sharing your informations !

Back