Contribute
Register

Thunderbolt 4, modified firmware, Full Thunderbolt Bus tree

Please try this version in which PCI0 has been replaced with PC00.
This worked! Local bus activated, but with limited success.

• Sleep(both manually initiated and timed): Would initiate, blink off, and come immediately back on.
  • CalDigit Docks (TS3 Plus and TS4) are both recognized, however no usb devices are recognized via the dock, nor are the ethernet ports, or audio ports. Thunderbolt data does work.
  • Thunderbolt LG UltraFine4K monitor is recognized but does not activate. Tried directly to GC-Maple Ridge and via dock.
I'm wondering if any of these results would change with the addition of an internal USB header connected to the GC-Titan Ridge?
Another significant note, if any device is plugged into the GC-Titan Ridge, the system will hang on restart, and will not post.

Is the ASRock Thunderbolt 4 card installed in your MSI Z490 system?
Asrock Thunderbolt 4 is currently installed on ASUS B460M, which also include customBios.
Is it easy to go back to standard DSDT and 'standard' OpenCore configuration? Might be good to see if this causes the same sleep issue that we're experiencing.
No, too loud, this customBios include many DXE drivers, someones of them use ACPI Tables.
If it does, then we can examine the differences in an effort to isolate the root cause.
We can now compare thunderbolt LOG before and after Sleep state to see if you have missed or failed registers configuration … or maybe have an extra LOG that wake the system.

I will try moving this card on MSI Z490 and report back of Sleep state.

• Sleep(both manually initiated and timed): Would initiate, blink off, and come immediately back on.
  • CalDigit Docks (TS3 Plus and TS4) are both recognized, however no usb devices are recognized via the dock, nor are the ethernet ports, or audio ports. Thunderbolt data does work.
  • Thunderbolt LG UltraFine4K monitor is recognized but does not activate. Tried directly to GC-Maple Ridge and via dock.
I'm wondering if any of these results would change with the addition of an internal USB header connected to the GC-Titan Ridge?
Another significant note, if any device is plugged into the GC-Titan Ridge, the system will hang on restart, and will not post.
It would be great if you flash my modified Thunderbolt firmware (Asrock Thunderbolt 4 AIC) found on post#1, directly on GC-Maple Ridge to see what happen… and then flash back to your firmware.

I suspect the firmware… on Asrock board I have a limited Tbt header connector (5pins) compared to GC-Maple ridge with more pins)… some extra signals could issue an unwanted wake.

Please try disabling on-board Maple Ridge in BIOS. In my case, the Belkin TB3 dock connects and works well.

Also post the IOReg file with one or two TB devices connected.

Please try disabling on-board Maple Ridge in BIOS. In my case, the Belkin TB3 dock connects and works well.

Also post the IOReg file with one or two TB devices connected.
I need to correct... Only usb-c data is working directly connected to GC-Maple Ridge. My external Acasis thunderbolt 4 drive is not mounting, although it does appear in the bus.

Discrete Maple Ridge is disabled in BIOS, but USB4 Tunneling is enabled- have tried this disabled as well with same result.

This IOREG is with TS3 Plus connected to port 2 and a usb-c drive connected to port 1.

Attachments

• Admin’s Mac Pro.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 6
I need to correct... Only usb-c data is working directly connected to GC-Maple Ridge. My external Acasis thunderbolt 4 drive is not mounting, although it does appear in the bus.

Discrete Maple Ridge is disabled in BIOS, but USB4 Tunneling is enabled- have tried this disabled as well with same result.

This IOREG is with TS3 Plus connected to port 2 and a usb-c drive connected to port 1.

I can try installing my GC-Maple Ridge into Asus Z690 ProArt later today.

Meanwhile I like @Elias64Fr’s idea to flash his ASRock firmware. I’m currently supercharging my brand new EV at a local station. Will be back after that.

P.S. This is my very first EV and I just love the whole experience! :)

Meanwhile I like @Elias64Fr’s idea to flash his ASRock firmware. I’m currently supercharging my brand new EV at a local station. Will be back after that.
@CaseySJ @Elias64Fr

I have flashed the ASRock firmware from post 1,
I no longer have thunderbolt bus active, and only usb-c data is working.
P.S. This is my very first EV and I just love the whole experience! :)
Very cool!!!

@CaseySJ @Elias64Fr

I have flashed the ASRock firmware from post 1,
I no longer have thunderbolt bus active, and only usb-c data is working.

Very cool!!!
Could you try this SSDT already adapted to your system ? .. with your previous working modified Firmware (Gigabyte)

EDIT: Corrected file ;)

Attachments

• SSDT-MapleRidge-Experiment-rev7.aml
    8.1 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Back