Contribute
Register

Thunderbolt 3 Modified Firmware Custom SSDT Discussion

Good news my Friends,

I make my Alpine Ridge Rev 2.0 Working back on boot, and the problem it's was the card don't boot with pin 3 and 5 connected. But it needed the pin 2 and 5 connected not like the Titan Ridge.

And the last Firmware it's was the correct one, But the card it's not recognized in Windows. Maybe it's need to get 3 and 5 connected back again after boot ??

The Apple Thunderbolt Display 27 inches works but all the back connectors not working and downstream not working, too.

Maybe the card need 2 3 and 5 pins Connected ?? I can't take the risk to do that maybe someone confirm if that may work ??

Thank you

I can not say that it works in Windows unless you have the Thunderbolt cable connected.

I can not say that it works in Windows unless you have the Thunderbolt cable connected.

I didn't say the card is working in windows !! I said the card is working on boot, and I got the image in my Thunderbolt Display via the Alpine Ridge rev2.0 and the Adapter. But the card it's not recognized in Windows, and maybe there are something about the pin 3 maybe if I connect the pin 3 the card will be detected in Windows and the Devices will be connected.

@scottkendall, did you checked your card with pin 2 and 5 connected and see if your Studio monitor will work in cold boot ?? My Thunderbolt Display work in Cold boot, in hot-plug and after screen sleep. But Still not Fully functional because all the back inputs not working in Windows.

I tested a downstream from the Apple Thunderbolt display to Lacie external HDD, and the disk is lighten up and stop blinking. That means the disk was accepted, and it's not mapped to Windows because the card it's not recognized.

I will try to make more test I will give you feedback.

I didn't say the card is working in windows !! I said the card is working on boot, and I got the image in my Thunderbolt Display via the Alpine Ridge rev2.0 and the Adapter. But the card it's not recognized in Windows, and maybe there are something about the pin 3 maybe if I connect the pin 3 the card will be detected in Windows and the Devices will be connected.

@scottkendall, did you checked your card with pin 2 and 5 connected and see if your Studio monitor will work in cold boot ?? My Thunderbolt Display work in Cold boot, in hot-plug and after screen sleep. But Still not Fully functional because all the back inputs not working in Windows.

I tested a downstream from the Apple Thunderbolt display to Lacie external HDD, and the disk is lighten up and stop blinking. That means the disk was accepted, and it's not mapped to Windows because the card it's not recognized.

I will try to make more test I will give you feedback.

I said I could not tell you if it works in Windows without the cable. Meaning if you are jumping 2-5 or 3-5 or what ever Windows might not see it since Windows uses the card in an entirely different way as the Mac.

I am not someone to get your card working, and I am simply out of time to try anything further my TR card works like 90% I have to unplug the Studio monitor and plug it in once a day. GL

Incidentally, I've had this note posted in the Z390 Designare thread for quite some time:

Screen Shot 2022-10-12 at 3.33.25 AM.png

Incidentally, I've had this note posted in the Z390 Designare thread for quite some time:

View attachment 556012

last week when I spent time trying to make the Alpine work I read this post. Then I thought to myself, maybe it is better just to be thankful all the on-board devices work and leave well enough alone. Unplugging and replugging the monitor after sleep once a day is really not that big. Especially because I have the case flipped on its front so the I/O is all on top. IMO this is house cases should be designed in the first place.

At the end Me too I spent months to try solving the Alpine Ridge rev 2.0 issues and this is enough.

Now the card it's not recognized in windows but I have the essential need to have the Apple thunderbolt Work again. But it's work just for Display with sound but the other ports not working and the camera too!! it's not a problem for me because it's not my main machine it's the production one.

I can't understand the problem, I removed the pins connection and the card work again but when I connect pin 3 and 5 the card don't start and don't boot at all. I decided to remove this cord and keep the card just for making the Apple thunderbolt make display and keep using the onboard PC ports for USB and network Until I found maybe one day the right solution.

Still testing and thank you for all your information.

@CaseySJ

Do you think a TB3 Hub will solve my issue of the Studio monitor not waking after sleep? I remember reading a long time ago that was helpful but I do not remember to what degree... and is there a cheap one that you would recommend to test with it?
It may be worth a try. I believe @gandem is connecting a TB monitor through a CalDigit TB3 dock (not TB4 dock).

It may be worth a try. I believe @gandem is connecting a TB monitor through a CalDigit TB3 dock (not TB4 dock).

I decided to buy the Belkin cable for Huawei VR glasses, and we will see how that goes. I have read that it works and with the USB breakouts everything else in theory should work.

@CaseySJ so I am not sure why I decided to but I am sure glad I did. Today for some reason I thought maybe if I connect the USB Cable from the Titan to the motherboard it would help with the sleep cold boot issue of having to plug and unplug the monitor. Sure enough it did, connecting the USB cable to the titan allowed for the Mac Studio Monitor to load after sleep and after boot. It does not show up during boot but it shows up at the login screen.

Back