Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

My first post here. I just recently built my third attempt at a Hack. The first 2 didn't go so hot, but that's part of learning. Anyway, this build is awesome! The only few things I have issues with are...

1> Thunderbolt 3. Most important since I do audio engineering. Obviously you can see my motherboard has dual Thunderbolt 3 ports. I don't have any Thunderbolt hardware (yet. I will explain). I notice in About this Mac...System Report, under Thunderbolt it says "No Hardware Has Been Found". Does this mean it is not recognizing the Thunderbolt 3 ports, or simply that it is confirming there is no hardware connected to either of the Thunderbolt ports?

I am looking at some Thunderbolt interfaces, but don't want to buy one if Thunderbolt isn't going to work on my Hack. I understand part of building a Hack is for the noodling around and tweaking and taking a chance. Just thought I'd ask.

2> Minor issue...when I first startup into the desktop, the mouse cursor is invisible. I can left click and hold on the mouse anywhere and drag to highlight a section of the desktop and the cursor will appear. Not a deal breaker, but interested if there's a fix.

3> Also more of a minor issue (I think). In BIOS I have "Wake on Mouse" and "Wake on Keyboard" and even "Wake on LAN" DISABLED. Yet, when I move the mouse after powering the Hack down (and the Hack stays shutdown) or press a key on the keyboard, the Hack instantly boots up (I should note that even when I unplug a USB drive after the Hack is shutdown, it will boot up). I'm usually careful once I shut the Hack down, but musicians aren't as careful and there maybe a situation where the mouse gets bumped or a key gets pressed and the machine boots. I may not be there and the musician doesn't notice the machine booted up, or I'm trying to run out the door but I accidentally bumped the mouse or keyboard, now I have to wait to get to a spot where I can shut the hack down.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Junior

1> Thunderbolt 3. Most important since I do audio engineering. Obviously you can see my motherboard has dual Thunderbolt 3 ports. I don't have any Thunderbolt hardware (yet. I will explain). I notice in About this Mac...System Report, under Thunderbolt it says "No Hardware Has Been Found". Does this mean it is not recognizing the Thunderbolt 3 ports, or simply that it is confirming there is no hardware connected to either of the Thunderbolt ports?
See this topic how to enable Thunderbolt 3 on your motherboard.
tonymacx86's Skylake Thunderbolt 3 Test Build: GA-Z170X-UD5-TH - i5-6600K

Hi Jr. Did you solve the problem with TB3? I'm in the middle of nowhere.
Cannot make them work. On El Capitan they worked well. On Sierra 10.12.6 I cannot use them at all.
In case you solved can you attach your config.plist and SSDT if used?
Thanks!
A.

Thank you sir!! This is great information.

hi i am also interrest with mac os sierra

thks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back