CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
RTX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Hi all

I have a working build, Gigabyte UP4 TH, bios f10b, Mojave. Thunderbolt has always worked on my system, no info in the System Info tab ofc but fully functional Hard drives and UAD Satellite setup.

I Just got a new Audio interface, Antelope Orion Studio and it has a TB3 port. The device is supported over Apple TB to TB3 adaptor, I have checked it on my Apple Macbook Pro as working, and also on my WIN 10 partition, so no faults in the hardware or manufacturer drivers.

Cannot for the life of me understand why all my other devices work fine and this one does not? The Driver Extension is showing as being loaded but the hardware is not being seen and recognised by Audio/Midi.

Any advice on this would be fantastic, I've searched the forums and couldn't find anything this specific. Followed a few steps here and there and it makes no difference.

Hi all

I have a working build, Gigabyte UP4 TH, bios f10b, Mojave. Thunderbolt has always worked on my system, no info in the System Info tab ofc but fully functional Hard drives and UAD Satellite setup.

I Just got a new Audio interface, Antelope Orion Studio and it has a TB3 port. The device is supported over Apple TB to TB3 adaptor, I have checked it on my Apple Macbook Pro as working, and also on my WIN 10 partition, so no faults in the hardware or manufacturer drivers.

Cannot for the life of me understand why all my other devices work fine and this one does not? The Driver Extension is showing as being loaded but the hardware is not being seen and recognised by Audio/Midi.

Any advice on this would be fantastic, I've searched the forums and couldn't find anything this specific. Followed a few steps here and there and it makes no difference.

Antelope stuff does not like Hackintosh even with modified firmware.

"Antelope's Thunderbolt-based Zen Tour and possibly Orion devices may not work because of quirks in Antelope's drivers."

Antelope stuff does not like Hackintosh even with modified firmware.

"Antelope's Thunderbolt-based Zen Tour and possibly Orion devices may not work because of quirks in Antelope's drivers."

That's an interesting read... nothing that quite replicates my predicament but interesting that there might be "quirks in Antelope's Drivers".

Sad though, that we haven't yet a working understanding of the thunderbolt protocol. Odd that the manufacturer's drivers are cited as the problem, when on my Macbook (TB1 Port) it works fine. Must be some glaring holes in the Hack workaround for TB ports... Might be time for me to pull the trigger on a new Mac and resign my build to casual windows gaming.

That's an interesting read... nothing that quite replicates my predicament but interesting that there might be "quirks in Antelope's Drivers".

Sad though, that we haven't yet a working understanding of the thunderbolt protocol. Odd that the manufacturer's drivers are cited as the problem when on my Macbook (TB1 Port) it works fine. Must be some glaring holes in the Hack workaround for TB ports... Might be time for me to pull the trigger on a new Mac and resign my build to casual windows gaming.

it is not us/hack it is Antelope driver. With modified firmware like many of us have the thunderbolt implementation is 95% the same as Apple. The reason I say 95% is because we do not currently have Targeted disk mode on the hack however, it can access targeted disk mode on a real mac. The reason we can not access the targeted disk mode is more because of the way we boot the Hack and less about the thunderbolt. If the OC developers figured how to boot to targeted disk mode it would then work. We have had people try to work with antelope to get it to function but they basically said GTFO. Maybe @CaseySJ could shed more light on this for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back