Quadro 4000, 3x 580, HD4600
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
hi all!

First of, props for everybody on the forum! Thanks to all the knowledge flowing around I managed to get my hackintosh up in running with snow leopard.

Now that lion came out, I started to feel the urge of trying to install it on my pc, so last Monday I started and on Tuesday I had succeeded! With dual quadro's via the EFI string in the boot.plist.
Non-oc gave me 31 fps, and on 4,6ghz a surprising 41fps. Snow leopard never came higher then 20-23fps (also with oc).

so for my question, I have a gtx580 sitting in my build waiting to be used (pcie lane switches) beside the two other cards and was wondering how to go about to get triple gfx installed.

I can imagine to add a device address to the in.plist and then run it through gfxutil. Is this correct/possible to do with gfxutil? Or is that limited to 2 cards?
I already tried getting the 580 to work in bus 3, however it hangs at the apple logo (grey). Screen sharing allows me to connect though, when opening system report it tells me its GPU by nvidia with 3mb VRAM :(
Have added device id to nvdaHal100.kext, graphics mode on null. With my last test i had graphics enabler also on null. I will work on the gtx580 by reading/trying from the sticky post above here.
I would need some help the three cards though.

Thanks in advance!

Why do you want to have so many video cards hooked up?

Are you running numerous monitors?

OS X does not have any support whatsoever for crossfire or sli.

I'm aware of no sli or crossfire. Tried to get that going under windows, but that didn't work with the quadro's.
I'm doing a lot of rendering over octane amongst others; Doing this over gpu is notably faster than over the cpu. Octane also allows multiple different video cards to be hooked up and uses the cuda.

Bump anyone?

I'm trying to get one card to boot in windows and one in mac. Any ideas. When both in I just get a black screen after loading

Just a question if you know. How did you get to graphics cards working i cant find a tutorial anywere for lion. I have 2x Nvidia GTX-460 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back