Gigabyte GA-H170-D3HP
CPU
i7-6700
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hi there,

I'm planning on building my first hackintosh and I looked into the building and installation process on this website. I went ahead and selected some components which I would like to have in my computer. I came up with this list:

Motherboard:
Gigabyte GA-Z97M-D3H

CPU:
Intel Haswell Core i5 4690K 3.5Ghz Quadcore

GPU:
Gigabyte PCI-e GeForce GTX950 WF OC 2GB

RAM:
Kingston HyperX 2x8GB DIMM DRR3-133

Storage:
Samsung EVO 850 SSD 500GB + Seagate 7200RPM 64MB Cache 2TB

Power supply:
Cool master G550M 550W Modular

What do you guys think about this list? Would it be a good choice for a Hackintosh? My main concerns are about the Graphics card. I don't intend on overclocking either the cpu or the gpu (any further). Yet I wonder if the OC edition of the GTX950 could cause any problems. Do you think this is a good pick or do you have other recommendations for this build in this price range (about $170-$200)?

Thanks in advance!

Hi there,

I'm planning on building my first hackintosh and I looked into the building and installation process on this website. I went ahead and selected some components which I would like to have in my computer. I came up with this list:

Motherboard:
Gigabyte GA-Z97M-D3H

CPU:
Intel Haswell Core i5 4690K 3.5Ghz Quadcore

GPU:
Gigabyte PCI-e GeForce GTX950 WF OC 2GB

RAM:
Kingston HyperX 2x8GB DIMM DRR3-133

Storage:
Samsung EVO 850 SSD 500GB + Seagate 7200RPM 64MB Cache 2TB

Power supply:
Cool master G550M 550W Modular

What do you guys think about this list? Would it be a good choice for a Hackintosh? My main concerns are about the Graphics card. I don't intend on overclocking either the cpu or the gpu (any further). Yet I wonder if the OC edition of the GTX950 could cause any problems. Do you think this is a good pick or do you have other recommendations for this build in this price range (about $170-$200)?

Thanks in advance!

Looks good - I say go for it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back