Graphics
Intel HD4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey, just wanted to give my two cents on the new design.
In general I really like it, looks clean and the new articles on the front page are a great idea, you did a good job.

What I am not particularly fond of is the new forum. The design itself looks good, but the font sizes and proportions to each other aren't that great. The big title fonts make it really hard to fly with your eyes over the site and get what you are looking for in a very short time. I also miss the number of replies and number of views on a thread, for me those two things are crucial to a forum. I don't know if everything is finished yet, but it feels unfinished and could still need overall refinement, proportions and placement of form elements being the biggest issue.

I hope you don't take this as mean and complaining, I don't want to offend anyone. It's just my point of view and my intention is to help you guys.

It's not finished yet- and yes, we're reading every single nitpick- so keep em coming!

It looks good for the most part.

- The avatars need to be a lil' smaller. They occupy too much real estate right now.
- Need quick reply box for each thread.

Feature suggestion: A mobile app like AVS Forum which uses ForumRunner for push notifications would be perfect.

Kris

I also like the simplicity, but I'd add that the formatting tools in the old forum were great. It just took me a ridiculous amount of time to post because I wanted to accurately source the article I found, and I'm not fully versed in HTML tags.

Congrats on the new site!

Love the new layout and design!

I need smilies for my posts yo :p
Go into your profile, general settings, and turn on Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing...

Go into your profile, general settings, and turn on Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing...

Thanks a lot !!
I was wondering where was the button to go from "simple" to "full editor". (usually somewhere on the reply box)

Tony and Team,
you might want to keep this one for the future FAQ of the new forum. (or if there is already a thread started, we could add to the list)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back