Gigabyte GeForce GTX 760
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone!

I've been lurking around here for quite a while, and thanks to all your hard work, great advice and insight I managed to turn my newly purchased desktop into a decent hackintosh.

Recently I inherited my mate's old Asus Sabertooth p67, his i7-2600k and 16 gb of corsair RAM, so I thought I'd give it a go turning it into a hack as well. I've researched quite a bit, and I really want to patch the BIOS to avoid using NULLCPUPOWERMANAGEMENT.

However, since it's pretty old stuff most of the links and success guides have been lost in limbo apparently, and so I find I'm a bit stuck.

I've looked for DSDTs and patched BIOSes, but have been unable to turn up anything, and I actually wanted to do it myself using CodeRush's UEFI patch tool – I just can't figure out how to work it...

So...

Do any of you own a p67 Sabertooth and have experience with UEFItool? Or do you perchance know where to locate an already patched BIOS? Preferably version 2302, as I would like to avoid the soundbug on the later BIOS versions...

I've already looked here:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/bios-uefi/43486-asus-1155-patched-bios-repository.html
but the links seem to be dead.

Have I overlooked something? Would a patched bios still be necessary if I used Clover?

I'd really appreciate any advice and thoughts you have :)

/flxde

I just read up on the ASUSAICPUPM option in Clover, so I guess this is my best option going forward. I apologize for the inconvenience. I'd still like to hear from someone who might explain to me how to use the UEFItool, I'm annoyed that I don't get it. The life of a noob I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back