Contribute
Register

This version of macOS 10.14.5 cannot be installed on this computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to clarify the method you have used for installing NvidiaWeb driver:

Did you ENABLE SIP through CLOVER_ config.plist _Rt Variables _CsrActiveConfig, BEFORE clicking Install button on the downloaded Nvidia Web driver and then after that reboot, reverse it to SIP Disabled?

Thank you! That was the tip I needed to get the rest of the way through. Turns out I needed to set a couple of other options in Configurator as well. Now everything is working really nicely. Thanks again for all your help!!

Thank you! That was the tip I needed to get the rest of the way through. Turns out I needed to set a couple of other options in Configurator as well. Now everything is working really nicely. Thanks again for all your help!!
Congratulations.:clap:
If you can Prefix your Post TITLE with SOLVED, it will be a resource on search engine for the successful Resolution of Mojave Installation problem you had when you started. the thread.

Congratulations.:clap:
If you can Prefix your Post TITLE with SOLVED, it will be a resource on search engine for the successful Resolution of Mojave Installation problem you had when you started. the thread.

I do have one additional question. Is there a way I can set this SSD up so that I don't need the OS install USB in the computer to boot to Mac OS?

I do have one additional question. Is there a way I can set this SSD up so that I don't need the OS install USB in the computer to boot to Mac OS?

• The macOSMojave System Disk is currently lacking a properly working EFI_CLOVER File Tree and that's why you need the macOSMojave USB Installer disk that has the right EFI_CLOVER FileTree to boot it.

• You can copy and paste the EFI Folder from the EFI Partition of macOSMojave USB Installer on to the EFI Partition of the System Disk to replace its currently sitting "defective' EFI folder .
    • To do that you need to 'mount the hidden EFI Partitions from both the macOSMojave USB Installer macOSMojave USB and the macOSMojave System Disk on the Desktop and Copy and Paste the EFI folder from the White EFI partition of the USB installer to replace the EFI folder from the Black EFI Partition of the System Disk.

• To Mount the Hidden EFI Partition, download Clover Configurator Global Clover Configurator (Global Edition) to the System Disk after booting it through the USB Installer as you are doing now and launch CCG

• You can find the illustrated steps to mount the EFI of the USB Installer from the bulleted items from here-> #4
  • To mount EFI Partition of the Mojave System Disk , you just find the Disk from the same CCG Screen (Right Pane) as shown for the macOSMojave USB Installer disk.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    50 KB · Views: 50
  • 2.png
    2.png
    350.1 KB · Views: 51
That makes a lot of sense. I'll give that a shot. I'm also finding that onboard video from the motherboard is still not working after installing High Sierra. Any ideas there? If it's just not supported, that's fine, too. The video card itself works fine.

That makes a lot of sense. I'll give that a shot. I'm also finding that onboard video from the motherboard is still not working after installing High Sierra. Any ideas there? If it's just not supported, that's fine, too. The video card itself works fine.
  • You may have to edit config.plist to facilitate Intel HD 3000 use.
  1. I vaguely recall reading a tweak RehabMan had posted about using Intel HD 3000 in macOS High Sierra.
    • You should search for that or get help if the following steps from my memory don't help you fix the problem.
  2. I assume you have used SMBIOS Product Model iMac 14,2 in CLOVER/config.plist_SMBIOS SECTION for current installation.
    • I'm not sure if you may need any change to iMac12,2 in config.plist_SMBIOS, in that for both cards to work.
  3. Try the following initially with no change in config.plist_SMBIOS _Product Model Name from iMac14,2.
  4. config. plist -> ACPI_DSDT -> Fixes -> AddIMEI = True
  5. config. plist -> Boot -> Arguments add igfxsnb=1 [unlike Intel HD 4600, HD 3000 doesn't use ig-platform-id at all and instead
    uses AAPL,snb-platform-id. For that, you'll need to add the following ]
  6. config.plist -> Devices -> Add Properties area
    • Device=IntelGFX
    • Key=AAPL,snb-platform-id
    • Data=0x00050000 (RehabMan suggests using 0x00100300 ; so if 0x00050000 does not work try RehabMan value from my memory)
  7. config.plist -> Devices -> FakeID -> IMEI = 0x1C3A8086
  8. config.plist -> Graphics -> Inject -> Intel = True

I have uploaded screen shots of config.plist Sections edited in CCG for your visual help to edit config.plist

Attachments

• 1.config.plist_ACPI_Fixes_2_AddIME.png
    1.config.plist_ACPI_Fixes_2_AddIME.png
    355.9 KB · Views: 30
  • 2.config.plist_Boot_Args.png
    2.config.plist_Boot_Args.png
    183 KB · Views: 40
  • 3.config.plist_Devices _.png
    3.config.plist_Devices _.png
    300.4 KB · Views: 43
  • 4.config.plist_Graphics_√InjectIntel.png
    4.config.plist_Graphics_√InjectIntel.png
    211.9 KB · Views: 46
  • You may have to edit config.plist to facilitate Intel HD 3000 use.

1. I vaguely recall reading a tweak RehabMan had posted about using Intel HD 3000 in macOS High Sierra.
    • You should search for that or get help if the following steps from my memory don't help you fix the problem.
  2. I assume you have used SMBIOS Product Model iMac 14,2 in CLOVER/config.plist_SMBIOS SECTION for current installation.
    • I'm not sure if you may need any change to iMac12,2 in config.plist_SMBIOS, in that for both cards to work.
  3. Try the following initially with no change in config.plist_SMBIOS _Product Model Name from iMac14,2.
  4. config. plist -> ACPI_DSDT -> Fixes -> AddIMEI = True
  5. config. plist -> Boot -> Arguments add igfxsnb=1 [unlike Intel HD 4600, HD 3000 doesn't use ig-platform-id at all and instead
    uses AAPL,snb-platform-id. For that, you'll need to add the following ]
  6. config.plist -> Devices -> Add Propertiesarea
    • Device=IntelGFX
    • Key=AAPL,snb-platform-id
    • Data=0x00050000 (RehabMan suggests using 0x00100300 ; so if 0x00050000 does not work try RehabMan value from my memory)
  7. config.plist -> Devices -> FakeID -> IMEI = 0x1C3A8086
  8. config.plist -> Graphics -> Inject -> Intel = True

I have uploaded screen shots of config.plist Sections edited in CCG for your visual help to edit config.plist

Thanks again for these. The boot drive suggestion worked wonderfully.

Unfortunately, the onboard video suggestion didn't work :(
I made those changes in Configurator withno success, and then also tried iMac12,2 with no success (it was defaulted to iMac14,2).

Thanks again for these. The boot drive suggestion worked wonderfully.

Unfortunately, the onboard video suggestion didn't work :(
I made those changes in Configurator withno success, and then also tried iMac12,2 with no success (it was defaulted to iMac14,2).
  • After editing CLOVER, try BIOS selection for making Intel Processor associated Graphics to Auto and DVMT Pre-Allocated Memory @ 64M and see if the HDMI display on the second monitor works.
  • I had stopped using Hackintosh Unfriendly Asus motherboard for many years and don't remember how its BIOS Setup can be configured to suggest to you the steps you need for your trial.

• If the above step does not fix Intel HD 3000, I will call it quits.

• After editing CLOVER, try BIOS selection for making Intel Processor associated Graphics to Auto and DVMT Pre-Allocated Memory @ 64M and see if the HDMI display on the second monitor works.
  • I had stopped using Hackintosh Unfriendly Asus motherboard for many years and don't remember how its BIOS Setup can be configured to suggest to you the steps you need for your trial.

• If the above step does not fix Intel HD 3000, I will call it quits.

I agree with calling it quits on this thread. I have a couple more questions, but I'll move those elsewhere. This thread is getting a little ridiculous. Thanks again for everything!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back