Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS B75M-A
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
GTX 745
I've tried searching here and Google in general, and haven't found this specific issue.

I've followed a guide to get this far on my Mojave installation. I've formatted my SSD as extended with GUID, but when I get to this screen the SSD is grayed out and I can't get further. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Attachments

• IMG_20190621_115252.jpg
    IMG_20190621_115252.jpg
    10.4 MB · Views: 100
I've tried searching here and Google in general, and haven't found this specific issue.

I've followed a guide to get this far on my Mojave installation. I've formatted my SSD as extended with GUID, but when I get to this screen the SSD is grayed out and I can't get further. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
means you need to wipe the drive first from the previous screen using DiskUtility

You need to have your hardware profile filled out as per rules (the ones you agreed to when signing up here)

Ah. Missed the part where that was mandatory. Apologies. I did erase the drive (not just the volume) from disk utility before posting. Also, thank you for the quick reply :)

Attachments

• IMG_20190621_155212.jpg
    IMG_20190621_155212.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 87
  • IMG_20190621_155204.jpg
    IMG_20190621_155204.jpg
    8.4 MB · Views: 90

• I doubt your PCIE Graphics Nvidia GTX 745 is supported in macOSMojave.
    • You should verify the above before proceeding with macOSMojave install in this hardware in your SPECS.
  • The Intel HD Graphics 3000 associated with i7-2600K is also not supported in macOSMojave

• I doubt your PCIE Graphics Nvidia GTX 745 is supported in macOSMojave.
    • You should verify the above before proceeding with macOSMojave install in this hardware in your SPECS.
  • The Intel HD Graphics 3000 associated with i7-2600K is also not supported in macOSMojave

Thanks for the response. This is super helpful. I have more questions, if you don't mind.

Do you think this current build would work for any other Mac OS? Also, I'm not seeing other parts in this build in the buyers guide. Do you think this motherboard will work in general? If so, being that the video card is likely not supported, can I just replace that, or do you think I _need_ to replace the CPU?

Thanks for the response. This is super helpful. I have more questions, if you don't mind.

Do you think this current build would work for any other Mac OS? Also, I'm not seeing other parts in this build in the buyers guide. Do you think this motherboard will work in general? If so, being that the video card is likely not supported, can I just replace that, or do you think I _need_ to replace the CPU?
you could try High Sierra

• I agree with Feartech for installing macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 and use the Nvidia Webdriver (https://www.tonymacx86.com/nvidia-drivers/) on the System Drive for Quarts Extreme and Core Image to get the full resolution this GPU is capable.
    • In this case you don't need to buy any new hardware and can have a modern macOS with good performance.

• To install Mojave, you can buy a supported Graphics Card to its PCIE slot( more economical than trying a CPU with Intel HD for this MoBo).
    • I have used Nvidia GT 710 and AMD Radeon RX NNN (EX: 580) Except the XFX Brand.

• Those cards I mentioned, are NATIVELY supported in all versions of Mojave currently available , Beta 10.14.6 [and even the next maCOS Catilina (10.15.X)]

• I agree with Feartech for installing macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 and use the Nvidia Webdriver (https://www.tonymacx86.com/nvidia-drivers/) on the System Drive for Quarts Extreme and Core Image to get the full resolution this GPU is capable.
    • In this case you don't need to buy any new hardware and can have a modern macOS with good performance.

• To install Mojave, you can buy a supported Graphics Card to its PCIE slot( more economical than trying a CPU with Intel HD for this MoBo).
    • I have used Nvidia GT 710 and AMD Radeon RX NNN (EX: 580) Except the XFX Brand.

• Those cards I mentioned, are NATIVELY supported in all versions of Mojave currently available , Beta 10.14.6 [and even the next maCOS Catilina (10.15.X)]

Thanks folks, High Sierra works with that build. I got the USB ports working via kexts, and updated to the latest version of the OS. However, video drivers still seem to be an issue. I downloaded and installed version 387.10.10.10.40.128 from the link above. It installed fine, and then I set the option to use the web drivers from the Nvidia options dialog. However, after it restarted, it reset itself back to the default video driver. I retried that a couple of times, and then started googling and found this post: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.161256/

So I'm trying to get Flat Package Editor working now, but it keeps immediately crashing with a "Flat Package Editor cannot be opened because of a problem." error. So I found another post out there that says it _should_ work using this command:

xattr -r -d com.apple.quarantine [PATH_TO_FLAT_PACKAGE_EDITOR]

I've tried this on this build and 2 other laptops (those are running Mojave), but the editor still crashes immediately with the same error. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong, or other suggestions on how to overcome this video driver issue?

Thanks folks, High Sierra works with that build. I got the USB ports working via kexts, and updated to the latest version of the OS. However, video drivers still seem to be an issue. I downloaded and installed version 387.10.10.10.40.128 from the link above. It installed fine, and then I set the option to use the web drivers from the Nvidia options dialog. However, after it restarted, it reset itself back to the default video driver. I retried that a couple of times, and then started googling and found this post: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.161256/

So I'm trying to get Flat Package Editor working now, but it keeps immediately crashing with a "Flat Package Editor cannot be opened because of a problem." error. So I found another post out there that says it _should_ work using this command:

xattr -r -d com.apple.quarantine [PATH_TO_FLAT_PACKAGE_EDITOR]

I've tried this on this build and 2 other laptops (those are running Mojave), but the editor still crashes immediately with the same error. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong, or other suggestions on how to overcome this video driver issue?
I downloaded and installed version 387.10.10.10.40.128 from the link above.

Just to clarify the method you have used for installing NvidiaWeb driver:

Did you ENABLE SIP through CLOVER_ config.plist _Rt Variables _CsrActiveConfig, BEFORE clicking Install button on the downloaded Nvidia Web driver and then after that reboot, reverse it to SIP Disabled?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back