Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. LC
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm stuck at step 4 of the guide. The Lion installer is installed and I can boot from it with latest Chimera (1.5.4), however after boot (and the language selection screen) I get the error "This version of Mac OS X 10.7 cannot be installed on this computer." Obviously some kind of platform check is taking place...

Any ideas on how to get around this?

EP35-DS3P
E8400 Core 2 Duo
10.6.8 installed and stable

Several things come to mind:

First, try using boot flags -x -v PCIRootUID=1 at the Chimera prompt

Second, try a different System Definition from MultiBeast/Customization/Boot Options

Make sure partition being installed to is 1 TB or less

SnapMan said:
Several things come to mind:

First, try using boot flags -x -v PCIRootUID=1 at the Chimera prompt

Same error

SnapMan said:
Second, try a different System Definition from MultiBeast/Customization/Boot Options

I am not at the stage where I have installed MultiBeast, I am still trying to install Lion. I can boot from the install partition, but then receive the error after the language selection for the installer. I did not use Multibeast for my 10.6.8 install, but as far as I know the 10.6.8 install should have no bearing on this error. Am I interpreting you correctly?

You are probably correct that the system definition won't affect it yet. Though as you are installing on a computer with SL on it (presumably) and something is not 100% correct.....

You have the latest Chimera installed as a bootloader.

Just remember that those of us here are most familiar with the iBoot/XMove/MultiBeast method of installation and if you are using some other method, a different bootloader, etc....you either need to be clear on what it is (keep in mind that no links or mention of pirated software is allowed on the forums) so that we can help you....

Yes, I'm trying to use the Xmove/Multibeast method for Lion. As far as I can tell the method for my 10.6.8 install shouldn't matter as I have completed steps 1-3. Installing Multibeast is step 5.

I checked the Install partition and there is no obvious place to edit a system definition or plist.

For the moment, let's provisionally say your SL install method makes no difference.

What bootloader do you have installed...Chimera is known to work, not all bootloaders will support Lion installation.

Confirm you can self-boot in SL without a disc in the drive.

Chimera 1.5.4

I can boot to SL (no disc), Windows, and the Lion installer all on separate drives.

Can someone give me some info on what exactly xmove does? From what I understand, the original OSInstall.pkg in InstallESD.img contains a platform check. Does anyone know if xmove removes this platform check? Does it alter it? What are the specifications that must be met?

I've checked my BIOS setting with others who have installed with this motherboard and don't see any differences....

What system definition are you using? IIRC most people are having more success with MacPro 3.1......select from MultiBeast/Customization/System Definitions

Not 100% sure, but XMove probably follows the manual process that was used prior...from my notes, but quite possibly a cut and paste from elsewhere:

Show All Files

Create 2 Partitions formatted Mac OS Extended Journaled call Lion Installer and Lion Gold

Right Click Install Mac OS X Lion that you downloaded>Show Package Contents

Open SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg

Restore BaseSystem.dmg to Lion Installer partition, name change to Mac OS X Base System

Drag mach_kernel, kernelcache, boot.efi, BaseSystem.chunklist, to installer partition

Drag Extra from Snow Leopard to Lion installer partition

Option drag Packages from original Installer image to System/Installation when it asks you if you want to replace the original, click yes.

I don't have Multibeast installed on my SL partition. I set it all up manually, but I am using MacPro3,1. Of course, that only matters when I boot from my SL partition as it is set in com.apple.boot.plist on the SL partition, not on the Installer partition.

This error typically occurs in two places. First when downloading from the app store (which is why MacPro 3,1 needs to be set in Multibeast or com.apple.boot.plist on the SL partition), and second during install. The first instance seems to happen to most people, only a few of us are experiencing the second error. This might be leading to your confusion on this.

From the steps you quoted it appears that xmove places the /Extra folder on the installer parition, however mine does not. Can others confirm whether their installer partition has an /Extra folder?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back