Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> This version Mac OS X isn't supported on this platform!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS ROG STRIX Z590-A
CPU
i7-11700K
Graphics
GTX 760
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. iMac
  3. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Other
Hello,
I am currently working on getting my friend's mackintosh setup, but cannot even get the installer to boot. Almost immediately after selecting the installer in Clover, I get an error saying "This version Mac OS X isn't supported on this platform!" followed by the Board-ID. How can I solve this?
Thank you,
Eric

Specs:
CPU: Intel i9-9900K
GPU: Sapphire Pulse 5700 XT
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 3200MHz x4 (64GB)
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Designare

EDIT: Added zipped EFI folder.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 42
Hello,
I am currently working on getting my friend's mackintosh setup, but cannot even get the installer to boot. Almost immediately after selecting the installer in Clover, I get an error saying "This version Mac OS X isn't supported on this platform!" followed by the Board-ID. How can I solve this?
Thank you,
Eric

Specs:
CPU: Intel i9-9900K
GPU: Sapphire Pulse 5700 XT
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 3200MHz x4 (64GB)
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Designare

EDIT: Added zipped EFI folder.

The RX 5700 XT is only supported with MacOS Catalina 10.15.1 and later. Are you trying to install Mojave?

The RX 5700 XT is only supported with MacOS Catalina 10.15.1 and later. Are you trying to install Mojave?
Yes I was but the issue persisted without the GPU. Turns out I just had the SMBIOS at iMac19,1 but used a Mojave installer from before that machine launched. Downloaded a newer installer and I’m good to go. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back