Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
It seems that my system is doomed lately... or most likely I do some mistakes that I can't figure it.

Hardware:
Gigabyte Z68MA-DH2-B3, i7, 16GB Ram, Zotac GTX650Ti 2Gb
I have an SSD 256G that is the only new piece of hardware but it could not be this one, isn't it?
This is supposed to be an easy install. I have used this hardware since 2012 with previous OsX-es.
There are two problems:
1A - To start fresh I flash the BIOS with U1c, load the optimized defaults, Set to AHCI, Disable VT-D, internal graphics disable, USB3 disabled, Comms disabled, XHCI Handoff is Enabled, same as previous El Capitan, etc.
1B - Using UniBeast, I have made one USB with 10.12 few months back (8Gb), then recently I have made another two USB with 10.12.2. (16Gb each)
1C - Bootup with USB-UEfi, at MacOS install screen start DiskUtility, erase the SDD with MacOS Extended (Journaled), GUID Partition Map
1D - Start installing Sierra and here the problems occurs... sometimes. From about 5 tries about 3 times the installation reboots itself after 50% install, sometimes when is left 1 or 2 min of installation. Could not figure it why. This is my 1st problem. Why these inconsistencies, any ideas why?

However, I could install it 100% twice.
Problem 2 and this is the most important issue since I can't go further.
2A - The system reboots, reboot from the USB-UEFI flash, at cover screen select to boot from the new install on SSD,
2B - The system boots into Sierra SSD, create the new user, etc, I have finalized Sierra install in a low res screen.
2C - Reboot, launch Multibeast, select "Quick Start" select UEFI Boot mode, Mac14.2, select the network driver, sound ALC889, install success with the clover from the SSD.
2D - Reboot, the new Sierra starts fine, I have good res (1920x1200) by Nvidia default, I have network, I have sound, all good. I could reboot few times, everything looks perfect. Done the AppStore update, it finds only iTunes, it updates with no problems.
2E - Here the problem occurs: I install Little Snitch prior of other apps install, installation successful, does not reboot anymore!
So basically Little Snitch affects the booting process!
At boot clover screen, always in "Verbose" I have tried all kinds of options in different combinations such as: "Without Cashes", "Safe Mode", but all with the same result: "Error loading kernel cache (0x7)". I can't pass this error. Please see the pic attached.
Why could I do please, what options I have but still to use Little Snitch? Why Little Snitch would screw-up the boot process?

boot.fail.jpg

Last edited:
It seems that my system is doomed lately... or most likely I do some mistakes that I can't figure it.

Hardware:
Gigabyte Z68MA-DH2-B3, i7, 16GB Ram, Zotac GTX650Ti 2Gb
I have an SSD 256G that is the only new piece of hardware but it could not be this one, isn't it?
This is supposed to be an easy install. I have used this hardware since 2012 with previous OsX-es.
There are two problems:
1A - To start fresh I flash the BIOS with U1c, load the optimized defaults, Set to AHCI, Disable VT-D, internal graphics disable, USB3 disabled, Comms disabled, XHCI Handoff is Enabled, same as previous El Capitan, etc.
1B - Using UniBeast, I have made one USB with 10.12 few months back (8Gb), then recently I have made another two USB with 10.12.2. (16Gb each)
1C - Bootup with USB-UEfi, at MacOS install screen start DiskUtility, erase the SDD with MacOS Extended (Journaled), GUID Partition Map
1D - Start installing Sierra and here the problems occurs... sometimes. From about 5 tries about 3 times the installation reboots itself after 50% install, sometimes when is left 1 or 2 min of installation. Could not figure it why. This is my 1st problem. Why these inconsistencies, any ideas why?

However, I could install it 100% twice.
Problem 2 and this is the most important issue since I can't go further.
2A - The system reboots, reboot from the USB-UEFI flash, at cover screen select to boot from the new install on SSD,
2B - The system boots into Sierra SSD, create the new user, etc, I have finalized Sierra install in a low res screen.
2C - Reboot, launch Multibeast, select "Quick Start" select UEFI Boot mode, Mac14.2, select the network driver, sound ALC889, install success with the clover from the SSD.
2D - Reboot, the new Sierra starts fine, I have good res (1920x1200) by Nvidia default, I have network, I have sound, all good. I could reboot few times, everything looks perfect. Done the AppStore update, it finds only iTunes, it updates with no problems.
2E - Here the problem occurs: I install Little Snitch prior of other apps install, installation successful, does not reboot anymore!
So basically Little Snitch affects the booting process!
At boot clover screen, always in "Verbose" I have tried all kinds of options in different combinations such as: "Without Cashes", "Safe Mode", but all with the same result: "Error loading kernel cache (0x7)". I can't pass this error. Please see the pic attached.
Why could I do please, what options I have but still to use Little Snitch? Why Little Snitch would screw-up the boot process?

View attachment 230167

Replace OsxAptioFixDrv2 with OsxAptioFixDrv set CsrActiveConfig to 0x67 instead of 0x3. Having CsrActiveConfig set to 0x3 can cause boot problems.

Awesome and thank you! Could you please give me a short guidance where these drivers are located or how to change the settings?

Awesome and thank you! Could you please give me a short guidance where these drivers are located or how to change the settings?

Yeah course. Its the same process with the Pen drive or SSD anyway. Mount the EFI on the Pen drive open Config.plist in Clover Configurator, rt Variables set CsrActiveConfig to 0x67 from 0x3. For OsxAptioFixDrv you can download Clovers Standalone Installer from SourceForge. Open the installer change install location to you're Pen Drive Tick OsxAptioFixDrv instead of OsxAptioFixDrv2 make sure you have UEFI booting ticked. https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/

Thanks a lot Voilet! I followed what you suggested and it worked. I was very happy at first but I noticed that the system would act sometimes unpredictable, it would just reboot without any sign, in the middle of some copy task or installation of an app.

And this morning while I was copying a large file close to the end it just froze completely. After reboot the SSD drive was just like not there. I tried to change the sata port and cable, the BIOS would no see it. I have removed it and install it in a USB3 enclosure used a lot with my MacBook Pro, the Disk Utility does not see this drive, it is just like a piece of brick with some useless contacts.
It is an OCZ (Toshiba) 256Gb and used it for two years in MacBook Pro. I have opened a ticket on their support site. Is it possible that this drive was some kind of pre-screwed and that was the reason of acting until it gave up? For a mechanical hard drive I would understand the interment reading of some vital area but on a SSD?

Thanks a lot Voilet! I followed what you suggested and it worked. I was very happy at first but I noticed that the system would act sometimes unpredictable, it would just reboot without any sign, in the middle of some copy task or installation of an app.

And this morning while I was copying a large file close to the end it just froze completely. After reboot the SSD drive was just like not there. I tried to change the sata port and cable, the BIOS would no see it. I have removed it and install it in a USB3 enclosure used a lot with my MacBook Pro, the Disk Utility does not see this drive, it is just like a piece of brick with some useless contacts.
It is an OCZ (Toshiba) 256Gb and used it for two years in MacBook Pro. I have opened a ticket on their support site. Is it possible that this drive was some kind of pre-screwed and that was the reason of acting until it gave up? For a mechanical hard drive I would understand the interment reading of some vital area but on a SSD?

Random reboots can be caused by anything. Sandy Bridge USB 3 doesn't work very well in 10.11+ you could try GenericUSBXHCI but most likely wont work very well anyway Attach ioreg. [Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg | tonymacx86.com

The native USB3 on board is disabled. I have a PCI USB3 with two ports that was advertised to work in MacOS native without additional settings and it did fine but this is a good point once I would get the new SSD back, after new install if I get random reboots, I will remove the USB3 card and see if it makes a difference. Thanks a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back