Contribute
Register

This Setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. you can still go corsair if you change to H80i cooler. this will also allow you to OC to your desire
2. split the 512 drives in a raid volume and get 2 x 256 drives. it will be super fast!
3. enjoy it.

H80i is louder/hotter than the NH-D14. There are VERY little failures, but they DO SOMETIMES leak. And for the ssd-even a RAID 0 for SSD is excessive...I think you will be fine with just a single 256gb. If you aren't though, I'd say do the 512gb: SSDS in RAID 0 is just silly...

Cool, so I'm basically set. Just need to find a decent monitor.

Cool, so I'm basically set. Just need to find a decent monitor.

Yup...I'm on the search for either 2/3 1080p monitors or one larger one...monitors seem to be the hardest thing to research because of the variety and how reviews are ALWAYS subjective...

How does this monitor look? Linkkkkk

How does this monitor look? Linkkkkk

Juicy. Asus looks like a very good manafacturer for monitors. Sadly, parents have told me that I have made enough "computer" purchases for now...so no new monitors for me =(

Haha, that sucks.

I have two more questions for now:
1) Will I need thermal paste for this build?

2) Is there not a DSDT file for the Gigabyte UP5 TH?

Haha, that sucks.

I have two more questions for now:
1) Will I need thermal paste for this build?

2) Is there not a DSDT file for the Gigabyte UP5 TH?

1: NH-D14 comes with a tube of thermal paste. DON'T PUT TOO MUCH ON! Corsair water coolers come with it preapplied-to give you an idea of about how much you want to put on, look at the preapplied stuff-it's VERY little.

2: Motherboards that don't show up on the Tonymacx86 DSDT database are either uncompatible/unknown/compatible without one. The UP5 TH is compatible without one.

Okay, it just seems weird to me applying paste on pretty much the most expensive part of a build lol, oh well.

Okay, it just seems weird to me applying paste on pretty much the most expensive part of a build lol, oh well.

depends on definition of paste you use. In this case it is paste as in "consistency of the mix", not paste as in "glue or adhesive".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back