Contribute
Register

This is a non recoverable error! System HALTED!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Hackintosh
CPU
i7-3770S
Graphics
Intel HD 4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Dear TonyMac,

For the past month or so, Ive had a correctly working Hackintosh with a Mountain Lion installation. It wasn't 100%, as things like sleep didnt work properly, but I could live it.
Anyway, yesterday the machine was turned on, but on this occasion it didnt get past the Mountain Lion chimera boot screen. I pressed enter and it just flashed briefly and sat on the same screen again. After doing this a few times I received the following error on the screen:

"Memory allocation error! Addr: 0x0, Size: 0x1faa000, File: drivers.c, Line: 816
This is a non recoverable error! System HALTED!!!"

Has anyone out there seen this before? or know whats going on here?

I cant explain it, as I didnt change anything on the machine before the last time I turned it off. o_O

There is a photo attached of the very depressing screen I now found myself looking at.

Kind Regards

Sonny

System halted hackintosh.JPG

Hi there,

I have similar issue, and I hope that you solved your problem and give me some help. So here is my issue:

My build:
System: GIGABYTE X58A-UD3R (ver. 2.0)
CPU: INTEL CORE i7-960 PROCESSOR
Graphics: GIGABYTE HD6770

I installed Mavericks for about two months now, but my build was not fully functional (boot with Ignored cache) yet was working well as far as browsing internet, audio, watching video, and Time machine. However, two days ago the top bar of the screen froze when I tried to eject a CD (everything else was working). So, I tried to reboot to get rid of this issue and then before the boot screen appears I got this message:

Error: GUI: Could not open 'Default/font_small.png'!
Memory allocation error! addr:0x8940358, size:0x0, file:free, Line:0
This is a non recoverable error! system HALTED!!!

This is what I tried to fix the problem and didn't work:

- Changed the BIOS to reboot from CDROM
- Unplugged the backup HD, and 2nd monitor

Please help.. Thank you

Any help please.

Try this:
remove all the RAM and remain with just 1 stick.
put in the nearest slot to the processor, turn on our computer, press the reset bios button of your motherboard .
wait for restart. Press F12 several times. you will be able to reach t bios settings in your mobo.
Hope it helps.

Try this:
remove all the RAM and remain with just 1 stick.
put in the nearest slot to the processor, turn on our computer, press the reset bios button of your motherboard .
wait for restart. Press F12 several times. you will be able to reach t bios settings in your mobo.
Hope it helps.

this really helped thank you

TO ANYONE HAVING THIS ISSUE:
This might also be a corruption of Chimera/Chameleon/Enoch!
(and not a hardware issue or, as you can see in other threads, a too large background image...)

I'm still running my main 10.9.5 with Chimera while experimenting with Clover on other drives and recent OSes.
Having a Z68 mobo, I usually use Clover in Legacy mode but I wanted to try it in pure UEFI — as I have flashed the BIOS to UEFI years ago.
I'm still to make that drive work but on my first attempt, I had that issue when I tried to reboot to any drive with Chimera on it.
Updating to the last Enoch wasn't enough, the only solution was to delete the "boot" file, replace the Extra folder with a backup and apply Enoch upon it. :headbang:
What happened exactly, I still don't know because even drives that weren't connected were affected — meaning something got written in the UEFI BIOS (I also reverted to backup settings to no avail, once the damage was done).

EDIT: having had the issue once again, I narrowed it to a corruption of the NVRAM file! I booted from another drive and deleted all nvram.xxx.plist files (xxx being your UUID) in the /Extra folder.
Refer to https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-to-fix-imessage.110471/#TOP6.2 (I bet that if you don't use iMessage, you'd better get rid of FileNVRAM.dylib... ;) )

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back