Lenovo X270 (Clover)
CPU
6th Gen Intel Core i7-6600U
Graphics
HD520, 1366x768
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hi everyone,

I've had a lot of experience with installing OSX on my older machines and I've always been successful however this machine is one hell of a beast to deal with. In fact, this is so bad that I can't even work out how to get to the installation screen!

No matter what I try, I will get stuck at [ PCI configuration begin ] right after USBMSC Identifier.

Here's a screenshot of what it looks like:

upload.jpg

If someone could help me out with this, it would be greatly appreciated!

find VoodooTSCSync.kext that matches your number of cores and put it on your USB installer under kext/10.11 directory.

find VoodooTSCSync.kext that matches your number of cores and put it on your USB installer under kext/10.11 directory.

Hey, thanks for your reply!

I just tried that but unfortunately I'm still hanging on that line.

I'll try to reinstall Clover tonight; I think I might have some configurations changed that I don't need.

Do you know if I need the Haswell-E Clover Patch turned on?

Hi man! Did you solve your issue? I have the same problem, no solution for me...

Hi man! Did you solve your issue? I have the same problem, no solution for me...

Not yet, I'll try some other configurations tonight.

Just out of curiosity, what GPU are you using?

Not yet, I'll try some other configurations tonight.

Just out of curiosity, what GPU are you using?

An MSI GTX 970 card, but I also tried an old 9400 gt geforce with same result. So I'm thinking it's related to the cpu itself and not to other components.
Or maybe to both cpu and ram, I know a russion guy who has a 2683v3 cpu but with ecc ram and he was able to install. ..
Let me know please if you have some progress!

iPwnJ00, please put your specific motherboard model, CPU model, and GPU model into the system configuration are on the left and/or your signature. It's hard to give good advice without having that information at hand.

What system definition are you using in your SMBIOS settings?

Hey, thanks for your reply!

I just tried that but unfortunately I'm still hanging on that line.

I'll try to reinstall Clover tonight; I think I might have some configurations changed that I don't need.

Do you know if I need the Haswell-E Clover Patch turned on?

Yes, in clover i did check Haswell-E option

I believe MacPro5,1 expects your system to have ECC RAM (as sort of indicated by Rikoshet)

If you don't, you should either change the system definition (I don't necessarily know what to recommend, but the old standby is MacPro3,1) or I think you can delete AppleTyMCEDriver.kext

Yes, in clover i did check Haswell-E option

Can't seem to boot still on the same error with or without that flag :(

I believe MacPro5,1 expects your system to have ECC RAM (as sort of indicated by Rikoshet)

If you don't, you should either change the system definition (I don't necessarily know what to recommend, but the old standby is MacPro3,1) or I think you can delete AppleTyMCEDriver.kext

Just tried with MacPro3,1 and still hanging on that line :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back