Contribute
Register

Thinkpad X230 Fn Brightness Keys

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get message that it succeded but can't find where it outputs the kext.

Visit options in Xcode and set them to something sensible (the defaults are not sensible).
Xcode->Preferences->Locations->Advanced->Build Location "Custom" = "Relative to Workspace"

Visit options in Xcode and set them to something sensible (the defaults are not sensible).
Xcode->Preferences->Locations->Advanced->Build Location "Custom" = "Relative to Workspace"

Ok, I got folder named "build" with "Products" in it and folders "Release", "SharedPrecompiledHeaders" and "VoodooPS2Controller.build".
In folder "Release" there is "VoodooPS2Controller.kext".
So I just put it in /S/L/E and reboot?

Ok, I got folder named "build" with "Products" in it and folders "Release", "SharedPrecompiledHeaders" and "VoodooPS2Controller.build".
In folder "Release" there is "VoodooPS2Controller.kext".
So I just put it in /S/L/E and reboot?

Kexts must be installed correctly (you cannot install kexts with Finder).
Typically, hack kexts are installed to /Library/Extensions, but /S/L/E works too.

Kexts must be installed correctly (you cannot install kexts with Finder).
Typically, hack kexts are installed to /Library/Extensions, but /S/L/E works too.

Yeah, I meant to install it with kext beast to S/L/E.

As per guide, better to use one 0x04xx instead of the two 0x02xx.
Also, no need for separate patches depending on ACPI version.

eg.
Code:
# _Q15 (Fn+F8) brightness down key
into method label _Q15 replace_content
begin
Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPC.KBD, 0x0405)\n
end;

# _Q14 (Fn+F9) brightness up key
into method label _Q14 replace_content
begin
Notify(\_SB.PCI0.LPC.KBD, 0x0406)\n
end;

I know this is an old thread, but this patch suggested by @RehabMan also works for the Thinkpad T61 / Nvidia NVS 140m. Once the patch is applied, the Fn-Home and Fn-End keys adjust brightness in High Sierra 10.13.6 and Mojave 10.14.5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back