Contribute
Register

Thinkpad X230 fixing bluetooth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
5 months after installing and setting up, my laptop with Sierra still works just fine, BIG thanks again RehabMan and all others who helped :)

Now I have time to fix this small annoyance and make combination of iphone and mac more enjoying to use.
How can I make bluetooth work?
I can turn on bluetooth on my X230 and connect to iphone (5S), but as soon as I connect - it also disconnects and I get message: "Network is unavailable, make sure network access is enabled".
That is all on my X230.
On my iPhone, under my devices on Bluetooth page, "Macbook Pro" is marked as not connected and when I tap on it it says: "Connection unsuccessful, make sure "Macbook" is turned on and in range".
It definitely is in range and turned on.

Here are files that you probably need:

Attachments

• Terminal Saved Output 1.zip
    1.6 KB · Views: 112
  • Terminal Saved Output 2.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 87
  • CLOVER.zip
    5.8 MB · Views: 83
  • Emanuel’s MacBook Pro.zip
    556.5 KB · Views: 81
  • RehabMan.zip
    35.2 KB · Views: 75
5 months after installing and setting up, my laptop with Sierra still works just fine, BIG thanks again RehabMan and all others who helped :)

Now I have time to fix this small annoyance and make combination of iphone and mac more enjoying to use.
How can I make bluetooth work?
I can turn on bluetooth on my X230 and connect to iphone (5S), but as soon as I connect - it also disconnects and I get message: "Network is unavailable, make sure network access is enabled".
That is all on my X230.
On my iPhone, under my devices on Bluetooth page, "Macbook Pro" is marked as not connected and when I tap on it it says: "Connection unsuccessful, make sure "Macbook" is turned on and in range".
It definitely is in range and turned on.

Here are files that you probably need:

The iPhone is not intended to pair against a BT4LE controller.
You would find the same on a real Mac.

Ok, to be precise: I want to use Handoff, do I need to buy bluetooth dongle then?
And why does that tutorial on github (by Bizzaro) says that handoff works with airport?
What does that mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back