Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Thinkpad X1 Carbon 4th Gen
CPU
Intel Core i5-6200U
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 520
Hi guys! I'm super new to this community and as I was getting a new laptop, I thought I'd convert my old Thinkpad x1 carbon gen 4 into a Hackintosh machine.

The reference I've used is here:
The only difference is that I've used High Sierra, not El Capitan.

I've got it working, and running. I fixed battery status, backlight, and everything I needed.

Today, as I was messing with Audio on this machine, I changed inject ID/layout in config.plist and saved and rebooted this machine -- and it stopped booting.

This actually happened before(because I accidentally deleted a kext), and I could always go back and use my bootable USB stick to boot into SSD to fix my issue. But this time, nothing has been working!

Obviously, I cannot boot from SSD, so I tried my USB stick and it didn't work. So I thought maybe I should re-create the bootable USB and still didn't boot.
To create my bootable USB stick, I followed this guide strictly. (with the latest version I could download)
When I first installed it on the machine, it worked just fine, but this time pretty much anything I've tried hasn't been working.

I've attached a picture(and I'm sorry! I HATE when people take a photo of the screen but there's no way to screenshot or anything...).
IMG_2143.JPG

Since I've tried from both SSD and USB, I think this is an issue with my laptop:
-Could be the BIOS setting(although NOTHING have been changed since I started working on this project)
-Hardware issue? Hard to believe but...

I've tried:
-Unplugged the battery(thought it would reset the hardware)
-Swapped SSD and my Linux SSD booted just fine
-Again, I recreated CLOVER bootable USB.
-I can go into single-user mode.

I don't think I need to zip the CLOVER folder but just in case if you need it, please ask and I'd be happy to upload the zipped file.
Under EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/
-FakeSMC
-GenericUSBXHCI
-Lilu
-USBInjectAll
-VoodooPS2Controller
-WhateverGreen
config.plist came from config_HD515_520_530_540.plist

PS: I'm amazed at how much info and effort that this community has put into making this possible! Thank you all!

I appreciate any input/help
Thanks!

Hi guys! I'm super new to this community and as I was getting a new laptop, I thought I'd convert my old Thinkpad x1 carbon gen 4 into a Hackintosh machine.

The reference I've used is here:
The only difference is that I've used High Sierra, not El Capitan.

I've got it working, and running. I fixed battery status, backlight, and everything I needed.

Today, as I was messing with Audio on this machine, I changed inject ID/layout in config.plist and saved and rebooted this machine -- and it stopped booting.

This actually happened before(because I accidentally deleted a kext), and I could always go back and use my bootable USB stick to boot into SSD to fix my issue. But this time, nothing has been working!

Obviously, I cannot boot from SSD, so I tried my USB stick and it didn't work. So I thought maybe I should re-create the bootable USB and still didn't boot.
To create my bootable USB stick, I followed this guide strictly. (with the latest version I could download)
When I first installed it on the machine, it worked just fine, but this time pretty much anything I've tried hasn't been working.

I've attached a picture(and I'm sorry! I HATE when people take a photo of the screen but there's no way to screenshot or anything...).
View attachment 477602

Since I've tried from both SSD and USB, I think this is an issue with my laptop:
-Could be the BIOS setting(although NOTHING have been changed since I started working on this project)
-Hardware issue? Hard to believe but...

I've tried:
-Unplugged the battery(thought it would reset the hardware)
-Swapped SSD and my Linux SSD booted just fine
-Again, I recreated CLOVER bootable USB.
-I can go into single-user mode.

I don't think I need to zip the CLOVER folder but just in case if you need it, please ask and I'd be happy to upload the zipped file.
Under EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/
-FakeSMC
-GenericUSBXHCI
-Lilu
-USBInjectAll
-VoodooPS2Controller
-WhateverGreen
config.plist came from config_HD515_520_530_540.plist

PS: I'm amazed at how much info and effort that this community has put into making this possible! Thank you all!

I appreciate any input/help
Thanks!
dvmt issue

dvmt issue

I don't think I can change that from BIOS, can I? Also, think it's weird that everything was working just fine and it stopped working all the sudden...?

I don't think I can change that from BIOS, can I? Also, think it's weird that everything was working just fine and it stopped working all the sudden...?
maybe something in your config.plist?

maybe something in your config.plist?
config_HD515_520_530_540.plist worked when I installed. But now it doesn't...That's the most confusing thing here. Something must have changed but I don't know what is....

And you said dvmt issue, and you mean not enough memory allocated?

config_HD515_520_530_540.plist worked when I installed. But now it doesn't...That's the most confusing thing here. Something must have changed but I don't know what is....

And you said dvmt issue, and you mean not enough memory allocated?
maybe upload your problem reporting files....

Yeah good idea, will do that tomorrow morning! It's 2 am and I did enough of "staying awake" ;p
Thanks for the help! Will get back to you tomorrow when I wake up and have files ready.

Hi!

A new day and I've been on this issue for about 6 hours today and finally figured it out!

About the problem reporting file, I couldn't connect to the internet and I didn't feel like editing the file so I just did everything myself(although I'm sure it took me way longer to figure out the issue).

I booted into single-user mode every time to tackle the problem -- and using `kextstat` and `kextcache`.

The issue was the Lilu version was too old -- and that was it. I don't know how it happened but that fixed everything.
I noticed that Whatevergreeen.kext was not loaded when I booted, and as I looked into it, my Lilu.kext version was 1.2.4.(while Whatevergreen.kext requires Lilu.kext version 1.4+). I downloaded latest version of Lilu.kext(1.4.5) and everything worked fine!

Thanks for the help and glad this is fixed now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back