1. Android
  2. Windows Phone
I have a thinkpad with the following specs

i7-3720QM(4C/8T) 2.6GHz
HD4000/Nvidia Quadro K2000M 2GB
16GB DDR3
Intel Gigabit ethernet
Intel Centrino 6300N

I know the wireless doesnt work, so thats not an issue.

I made the Unibeast USB stick. I set the BIOS to Integrated graphics only.

I booted with the following flags

GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=0 IGPlatformID=01660003 IGPEnabler=Yes -x -v -f

This results in a weird glitchy screen. Ommitting the IGplatform and IGPEnabler flags results in a black screen

WP_000629.jpgWP_000630.jpg

The screen has a fuzyness as well. I took a video, but dont have time to upload it ATM. Is it possible to have it boot to a normal installer window? I know with ML the Quadro didnt work and it seems the same here. With the quadro on, even with GE set to no, it freezes at waiting for root

I have a thinkpad with the following specs

i7-3720QM(4C/8T) 2.6GHz
HD4000/Nvidia Quadro K2000M 2GB
16GB DDR3
Intel Gigabit ethernet
Intel Centrino 6300N

I know the wireless doesnt work, so thats not an issue.

I made the Unibeast USB stick. I set the BIOS to Integrated graphics only.

I booted with the following flags

GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=0 IGPlatformID=01660003 IGPEnabler=Yes -x -v -f

This results in a weird glitchy screen. Ommitting the IGplatform and IGPEnabler flags results in a black screen

View attachment 70992View attachment 70993

The screen has a fuzyness as well. I took a video, but dont have time to upload it ATM. Is it possible to have it boot to a normal installer window? I know with ML the Quadro didnt work and it seems the same here. With the quadro on, even with GE set to no, it freezes at waiting for root

What is the resolution of your screen?

1920x1080

You need to patch your DSDT for dual-link. See my repo: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch

Setup MaciASL as instructed in the README, then apply the following patches:
"HD4000 High Resolution"
"Brightness Fix"
optional: "Rename GFX0 to IGPU"

If you're still in the process of booting the installer, you can do all the DSDT work on another machine (real Mac or working Hack), extracting your native DSDT from Linux... or...

Download: Mini-SSDT-DualLink.aml from: https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-ProBook-4x30s-DSDT-Patch/raw/master/Mini-SSDT-DualLink.aml. Copy it to /Extra/ssdt.aml on your Unibeast USB. Note: this ssdt method does depend on some specific paths common in laptop DSDTs, but is possible yours is different, so if that doesn't work for you, respond with native DSDT extracted from Linux.

I am having the same graphics issue.

I have DELL Precision M4800.

Spec:
NVidia Quadro K2100M w/2GB GDR5
Intel Core i7-4800MQ w/HD Graphics 4600
Ultrasharp QHD+ (3200x1800) screen

I have extracted DSDT with Linux live usb stick and applied Hi res patch as stated above to no avail. Is there anything else I can try?

I have tried with boot flag: GraphicsEnabler=No IGPEnabler=Yes IGPlatformID=01660003 -v -f

I have included what the system is reporting under Hardware->Graphics/Displays

Chipset Model: NVIDIA Quadro K2100M
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 2048 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x11fc
Revision ID: 0x00a1
ROM Revision: preset 1.0.0
Displays:
Display:
Resolution: 3200 x 1800
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Rotation: Supported
Connection Type: DisplayPort

I am having the same graphics issue.

I have DELL Precision M4800.

Spec:
NVidia Quadro K2100M w/2GB GDR5
Intel Core i7-4800MQ w/HD Graphics 4600
Ultrasharp QHD+ (3200x1800) screen

I have extracted DSDT with Linux live usb stick and applied Hi res patch as stated above to no avail. Is there anything else I can try?

I have tried with boot flag: GraphicsEnabler=No IGPEnabler=Yes IGPlatformID=01660003 -v -f

I have included what the system is reporting under Hardware->Graphics/Displays

Chipset Model: NVIDIA Quadro K2100M
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 2048 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x11fc
Revision ID: 0x00a1
ROM Revision: preset 1.0.0
Displays:
Display:
Resolution: 3200 x 1800
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Rotation: Supported
Connection Type: DisplayPort

What does DPCIManager show in PCI List?

In PCI List:

10DE 11FC 1028 0010 NVIDIA Corporation GK106GLM [Quadro K2100M]

As I suspected Intel onchip graphics are disabled. Unless you can determine that Quadro K2100M is supported by OS X drivers, you're out of luck. I don't know much about the nvidia/AMD discrete cards, but somehow I doubt the Quadro is supported.

Hey y'all,

I've been out of the loop in hackintoshing for a while, but I do want to get Mavericks running on my W530 somewhat smoothly. If I recall correctly, I've been able to get Mountain Lion running with safe mode and some graphics shearing without networking or sound. Here's where our work stopped at: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-laptop-support/76908-lenovo-w530-help-7.html

There's been promise of a DSDT but nobody came through with it. I don't know how to make one nor do I have much time to follow through with learning how to and it seems like the only thing that bars us from getting this to functioning, sans Wifi. Rehabman, you seem to be very knowledgeable in this, could you help out in the other thread linked perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back