Core i5-7200U
Graphics
Intel HD620 KabyLake Mobile
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello everybody,

Thanks to all the useful guides and support here I almost got my new Lenovo Thinkpad T570 perfectly running High Sierra.
One last issue that bothers me is the absence of bluetooth after sleep. It seems to happen after several sleep/wake attempts and maybe after longer sleep periods. It doesn't happen every time after wake from sleep. As many of you already did, I replaced my stock Intel WiFi card with Broadcom BCM94352Z one. WiFi and Bluetooth are working thanks to RehabMan's FakePCIID.kext/FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext/BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext. Sometimes, when bluetooth is not available after wake from sleep, I can notice that second BCM20702A0 device appears on the "USB 3.0 Bus" in "System Information" app (find attached the corresponding screenshots).
Also, I don't seem to have XWAK, XSEL, and ESEL methods in DSDT.
I will appreciate your help and your suggestions if you notice anything wrong with my configuration (not only related to bluetooth)!
"Problem reporting" files are already attached... If you need any additional configuration/log files I will provide it ASAP.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2 MB · Views: 200
  • RehabMan-patchmatic.zip
    61.6 KB · Views: 92
  • Thinkpad-T570-before-sleep.ioreg.zip
    772.6 KB · Views: 84
  • Thinkpad-T570-after-sleep.ioreg.zip
    829.6 KB · Views: 77
  • bluetooth-after-sleep.png
    bluetooth-after-sleep.png
    568.8 KB · Views: 159
  • bluetooth-before-sleep.png
    bluetooth-before-sleep.png
    614.5 KB · Views: 186
  • kextcache-output.txt
    9 KB · Views: 160
  • kextstat-output.txt
    2.7 KB · Views: 186
Hello everybody,

Thanks to all the useful guides and support here I almost got my new Lenovo Thinkpad T570 perfectly running High Sierra.
One last issue that bothers me is the absence of bluetooth after sleep. It seems to happen after several sleep/wake attempts and maybe after longer sleep periods. It doesn't happen every time after wake from sleep. As many of you already did, I replaced my stock Intel WiFi card with Broadcom BCM94352Z one. WiFi and Bluetooth are working thanks to RehabMan's FakePCIID.kext/FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext/BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext. Sometimes, when bluetooth is not available after wake from sleep, I can notice that second BCM20702A0 device appears on the "USB 3.0 Bus" in "System Information" app (find attached the corresponding screenshots).
Also, I don't seem to have XWAK, XSEL, and ESEL methods in DSDT.
I will appreciate your help and your suggestions if you notice anything wrong with my configuration (not only related to bluetooth)!
"Problem reporting" files are already attached... If you need any additional configuration/log files I will provide it ASAP.

It is some sort of race condition.
There are some changes in the tluck fork (IOSleep calls) that you might want to replicate.
I asked tluck long ago to try and determine exactly which changes were necessary and submit a clean PR, but it was never done.

See here:
https://github.com/tluck/OS-X-BrcmPatchRAM/commit/6ff6f86958191bd5d7777614a7574daeca15ab71

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!
I searched for a release build by tluck but didn't find one.
So I downloaded his fork and built it by myself. I got "Build succeeded" in Xcode (screenshot is attached).
I think that the first step is to test if the problem is gone with the newly build version of BrcmPatchRAM2.kext? Do I also need to install the new build of BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext?
Afterwards, if I don't have any issues with bluetooth after several sleep/wake cycles, maybe I will try to eliminate any unnecessary IOSleep calls and rebuild.
Please, confirm if what I did makes sense...

Attachments

• Xcode-BrcmPatchRAM.png
    Xcode-BrcmPatchRAM.png
    914.2 KB · Views: 109
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!
I searched for a release build by tluck but didn't find one.
So I downloaded his fork and built it by myself. I got "Build succeeded" in Xcode (screenshot is attached).
I think that the first step is to test if the problem is gone with the newly build version of BrcmPatchRAM2.kext? Do I also need to install the new build of BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext?
Afterwards, if I don't have any issues with bluetooth after several sleep/wake cycles, maybe I will try to eliminate any unnecessary IOSleep calls and rebuild.
Please, confirm if what I did makes sense...

You just need the changed BrcmPatchRAM2.kext.
Assuming it works better, I can integrate into the main repo, and provide some options for tweaking it... as such changes may *cause* problems for others, and might need to be disabled, or sleep times changed.

You just need the changed BrcmPatchRAM2.kext.
Assuming it works better, I can integrate into the main repo, and provide some options for tweaking it... as such changes may *cause* problems for others, and might need to be disabled, or sleep times changed.
This would be nice! Thank you in advnace!
I will test and feedback the result.

hello,have you update macOS 10.14.2
can you help me or support thinkpad t570 kext

I installed it for the first time, I don't know how to install the driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back