Motherboard
Thinkpad T520
CPU
i7-2860QM
Graphics
NVIDIA NVS 4200M
Hi,
I am new to Hackintosh.

I recently installed HighSierra in my Thinkpad T520, it has nvidia nvs 4200m, and I use the laptop mostly in docking mode with an ext monitor, so I have set the graphics configuration in BIOS to DISCRETE ( only nvidia card is active, integrated intel gpu is disabled, and ext monitor is connected via DisplayPort directly connected to nvidia card, displayport would not even work in intel-gpu-only integrated mode).

I used this guide for T410 [1]. prepared usb using Unibeast, and booted with clover "inject-nvidia" option, installation is done, only thing is installer couldn't reboot the laptop on its own, I had to manually restart. Right now even in the docked mode, only laptop monitor works, external monitor doesn't work. Clover bootloader from hdd doesn't work. shutdown/sleep from osx doesn't work. Also HighSierra freezes most times.

I am wondering if anyone has a configuration somewhat similar to mine, and is willing to share his EFI folder. My laptop display is 1080p.
I don't know much about editing DST, modifying kexts. Any directions on how to go forward about editing DST/kext for this laptop would be helpful.

[1] https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-sierra-on-a-thinkpad-t410-with-nvidia-graphics.214828/

Thanks

Hi,
I am new to Hackintosh.

I recently installed HighSierra in my Thinkpad T520, it has nvidia nvs 4200m, and I use the laptop mostly in docking mode with an ext monitor, so I have set the graphics configuration in BIOS to DISCRETE ( only nvidia card is active, integrated intel gpu is disabled, and ext monitor is connected via DisplayPort directly connected to nvidia card, displayport would not even work in intel-gpu-only integrated mode).

I used this guide for T410 [1]. prepared usb using Unibeast, and booted with clover "inject-nvidia" option, installation is done, only thing is installer couldn't reboot the laptop on its own, I had to manually restart. Right now even in the docked mode, only laptop monitor works, external monitor doesn't work. Clover bootloader from hdd doesn't work. shutdown/sleep from osx doesn't work. Also HighSierra freezes most times.

I am wondering if anyone has a configuration somewhat similar to mine, and is willing to share his EFI folder. My laptop display is 1080p.
I don't know much about editing DST, modifying kexts. Any directions on how to go forward about editing DST/kext for this laptop would be helpful.

[1] https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-sierra-on-a-thinkpad-t410-with-nvidia-graphics.214828/

Thanks

Not a desktop. Moved to laptop support.

@hptouch,

Does the nvs4200M work on high sierra ? ...internal display work ?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back