Contribute
Register

Thinkpad T460 compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I have searched and little to no documentation on installing mac os on this PC. Can anyone share their experience is completed successfully? Thank you!

i just got a T460 myself. trying to get it booted up with 10.11.4. i read the skyLake starter guide.

anyway... using clover, during boot up (using clover to patch DSDT) it gets as assertion on something about AppleCredentialManager?

@petercat - any success?

well after a week of research and patching DSDT with new SSDT hotpatch method combined with and a few patchmatic tweaks and manual patches (patchmatic would refuse to patch some things?) I have mostly working T460. I used the Probook 4x0 G3 and Lenovo T450 configs and patches as a base.

what works:
USB3
ethernet
sleep
external display ports
sound - using VoodooHDA for audio for now.

however the issue to solve: is that i don't have full gfx - seems to be having trouble with DVMT?
windows reports Dedicated memory is 128MB which should mean pre-allocated memory is 128MB too. so hopefully there is a way to patch kexts or modify BIOS.

well after a week of research and patching DSDT with new SSDT hotpatch method combined with and a few patchmatic tweaks and manual patches (patchmatic would refuse to patch some things?) I have mostly working T460. I used the Probook 4x0 G3 and Lenovo T450 configs and patches as a base.

what works:
USB3
ethernet
sleep
external display ports
sound - using VoodooHDA for audio for now.

however the issue to solve: is that i don't have full gfx - seems to be having trouble with DVMT?
windows reports Dedicated memory is 128MB which should mean pre-allocated memory is 128MB too. so hopefully there is a way to patch kexts or modify BIOS.

Regarding DVMT-prealloc, refer to the FAQ:
RehabMan;1045259 said:
IMPORTANT!: Contrary to many of the guides you will read, Windows is NOT a valid way to determine what DVMT-prealloc is set to. There is no correlation, especially with Windows 10.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Can you please attach files used to Hackintosh T460 ?

Thank you very much

@tluck Is it possible that you we can communicate in a direct way? I am not able (yet) to send you pm's here :p And it would make it a bit easier.

Here my idea:
I have an T560 and need to tweak the voodops2controller.kext layout to the keyboard layout of the device.
I would like to make a fork of your fork from rehabs voodoops2controller.kext. Your fork seems to work really good on my side already.. Can you help me one time to start the fork and to show me how you implement the changes in your fork?
It would save me lots of time and other t560 users would have a benefit of that too.

@tluck Is it possible that you we can communicate in a direct way? I am not able (yet) to send you pm's here :p And it would make it a bit easier.

Here my idea:
I have an T560 and need to tweak the voodops2controller.kext layout to the keyboard layout of the device.
I would like to make a fork of your fork from rehabs voodoops2controller.kext. Your fork seems to work really good on my side already.. Can you help me one time to start the fork and to show me how you implement the changes in your fork?
It would save me lots of time and other t560 users would have a benefit of that too.

You might read the documentation on github... And read the 'git book' for basic git usage.

First step done... i forked Tlucks Repo. But first i have to fix some other stuff with sierra and t560.

Ok. Nearly everything works, except the Keyboardlayout.
I forked TLucks Repo and installed Rehabs debug kext (copied it to the kext folder in Clover).

I also edited the voodoops2keyboard-info.plist for the t560.... but now im hanging in a (i bet in your eyes) stupid problem: I can't find the output of the debug kext in any log.

I was searching in the console for "sending key" but wasn't able to find anything :/

Update: Found the mistake.... will do a custom setting for the t560

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back