Contribute
Register

Thinkpad T440 – success! (and a few questions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, spent some more time figuring out how to patch DSDT files... Not as hard as it looked!

Using this thread as a guide, I applied the following patches:
  • Remove _DSM
  • Rename PCI0.VID to PCI0.IGPU
  • Haswell HD4600 Yosemite
  • battery lenovo X220 (remember to remove the bit of code to make both batteries work)
  • IRQ Fix
  • SMBUS Fix
  • AC Adapter Fix
  • Add MCHC
  • Fix _WAK Arg0 v2
  • Fix PNOT/PPNT
  • Add IMEI
  • Haswell LPC
  • Brightness fix (Haswell)
  • 7-series / 8-series USB
I don't know if they were all needed, but the battery indicator now worked, the graphics were way smoother and it went to sleep when shutting the lid. Unfortunately it wouldn't wake up again.

This thread provided a clue, and installing RehabMan's OS-X-Generic-USB3 kext and setting the boot flags in Clover Configurator to '-gux_defer_usb2 -gux_no_idle' seemed to do the trick. I also disabled the security features in the BIOS as suggested in the thread, though I don't know what difference that made.

So, a mostly working system! Never thought I'd manage to get this far...

Hi there please advise on which code to remove with x220 code or may please share your DSDT if you can

how did you guys get passed the row of plus signs? No matter what I do, I can't get passed this. I changed the bios setting everyway possible, and I even removed the vbox and added in the hfsplus efi. Neither the usb nor ssd will load the OS Sierra that is installed on them.

Thank you for replying, I actually got passed it using your clover config file.

I seem to be having an issue with my wifi and bluetooth though.

Card: BCM94350ZAE

For Wifi (I do have the whitelist removed from bios.):
It seems to turn on when I log in, then go though a power cycle a few times, and then ends in an off state. I have tried every patch out there. I have also taped the two pins that pertain to the wifi switch since the laptop uses a soft switch.

As for Bluetooth, I do not see anything, and I have followed your instructions with installing kexts in S/L/E using Kext Wizard.

I included my clover directory in case somebody could perhaps find something I missed.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 105
Thank you for replying, I actually got passed it using your clover config file.

I seem to be having an issue with my wifi and bluetooth though.

Card: BCM94350ZAE

For Wifi (I do have the whitelist removed from bios.):
It seems to turn on when I log in, then go though a power cycle a few times, and then ends in an off state. I have tried every patch out there. I have also taped the two pins that pertain to the wifi switch since the laptop uses a soft switch.

As for Bluetooth, I do not see anything, and I have followed your instructions with installing kexts in S/L/E using Kext Wizard.

I included my clover directory in case somebody could perhaps find something I missed.

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Thanks for that, I have already been there several times, nothing there seemed to fix my issue.

Ahh, ok got you, I attached everything that was requested in that section.

Attachments

• t440.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 145
Ahh, ok got you, I attached everything that was requested in that section.

Problems:
- CPU PM not implemented
- MacBookPro11,3 is probably a bad idea. Use MacBookPro11,1 or MacBookAir6,2 instead
- multiple battery objects usually don't work. Consider combining them with SSDT-BATC
- no bluetooth controller on the USB bus (USB configuration problem) (see FAQ for ideas, eg. USBInjectAll + SSDT, FakePCIID_XHCIMux, fast boot disable)
- ioreg shows USB WiFi. USB WiFi is a bad idea. Remove.
- XHCI should be named XHC (for use with USBInjectAll and custom SSDT, as per FAQ...)
- you should try emulating a newer version of Windows (currently you're emulating "Windows 2013", which is Win8.1)
- PNOT patch should not be used in your ACPI scenario/hardware (that patch is only if you're dropping CPU related SSDTs)
- you have an incorrect brightness patch in your DSDT
- ACPIBacklight.kext does not work on 10.12.4+
- you have some incorrect patches on HDEF (adding _PRW not a good idea)
- BTFirmwareUploader not recommended
- kexts not installed correctly (all kexts you need should be installed to the system volume)

I implemented as many changes as I could and still no change.

The USB wifi needs to exist until I can solve this problem, then it can go away.
No idea why the bluetooth is not showing up, been playing with the USBInjectAll FAQ for hours.

Attached is an update with all changes

I really do appreciate all the help in the matter.

Attachments

• t440.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 228
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back