Graphics
HD 4600 / HD 7750
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Version w/i7 cpu. same as the MBP16,1. Installer just goes and goes with that error repeated.

Tried on an OS 12 drive and I think crash was video related. Just goes through verbose and reboots

The DSDT has no USBX

Attachments

• DSDT.aml.zip
    54.6 KB · Views: 13
  • OC.zip
    9.9 MB · Views: 18
  • opencore-2023-10-28-134918.txt.zip
    3.4 KB · Views: 8
Version w/i7 cpu. same as the MBP16,1. Installer just goes and goes with that error repeated.

Tried on an OS 12 drive and I think crash was video related. Just goes through verbose and reboots

The DSDT has no USBX
probably best to not have both:
SMCBatteryManager
ACPIBatteryManager
enabled

also test by disabling your config.plist patches for your battery and disable your battery aml file and add this kext in:

no real need for ApfsDriverLoader.efi

Hmm.. Tried that and no long booting with the acpi errors. Now installer behaved more like the os 12 drive, crashed and rebooted. Tried to see what caused crash but it did not get far enough to tell. Panic occurred prior to initialization

Last edited:
probably best to not have both:
SMCBatteryManager
ACPIBatteryManager
enabled

also test by disabling your config.plist patches for your battery and disable your battery aml file and add this kext in:

no real need for ApfsDriverLoader.efi
Going to try updating bios, do you have any other suggestions? Thanks for the tips...

I can set the gpu memory at 512mb max

Going to try updating bios, do you have any other suggestions? Thanks for the tips...

I can set the gpu memory at 512mb max
DVMT needs to be 64MB or 128MB if that is what you mean?

DVMT needs to be 64MB or 128MB if that is what you mean?
Thank you. Not sure its the same thing. Just 256mb/512 settings, says total memory internal graphics device shares. Maybe related to hybrid thing. Never had that type of laptop.

Have tried first to start from scratch following the dortania guide, then when not working was trying to mess with a setup for a similar machine Tpad p52, previous gen cpu. Never able to get to any gui of OS.

Probably need to slow down and start at the beginning and log steps as there are too many to remember what was tried. This OC folder I started. Got the SSDTs from SSDTtime on windows. Borrowed though the device settings for GPU, maybe start there from scratch?

Attachments

• OC.zip
    6.7 MB · Views: 20
  • BOOT.zip
    8.5 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
maybe start there from scratch?
probably a good idea:

if you have created those aml via SSDTtime then you can carry on using those instead of the ones from the guide above

probably a good idea:

if you have created those aml via SSDTtime then you can carry on using those instead of the ones from the guide above
Thanks for the guide. So far the setup I created will shut down the machine about after the preliminary OC read out for an established OS 12 drive. For the OS 13 installer it behaves a bit diffeent stopping at the log:exitbs:start.

Going to try some settings from the guide. Pixel clock/frequency etc (may also need)

It should not be necessary to reset nvram for every change?

Im thinking perhaps if I can mount that efi from windows and get the OC system on it maybe it will boot because I have no usb 2 thumb and I dont think there is any USB2 on the system?

edit: No that resulted in the same.

Last edited:
Back