Motherboard
lenovo Thinkpad L380
CPU
i3 8130U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi, i'm trying to install mac os 11.2 (big sur) on my thinkpad l380 i am using this efi created by

molko1234 link: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/success-lenovo-thinkpad-l380-oc-monterey-12-3.319382/

the efi was originally intended for mac os monterey 12.0 but after many failed attempts of the same issiue i am having (reboot during installation, freezes black screen after install) i decided to remove the port mapping and install big sur thinking that that was the problem (i disabled \ enabled xhci thing in config but it wont work) efi 1 is the efi with no port mapping that i used for big sur and efi 2 the original one with port mapping and monterey
the only difference between his and my computer is the cpu, he has an i5 8th gen but i have an i3 8th gen (don't think that this is the problem)and also i have the stock wifi card.
also in the opencore guide it says to disable thunderbold in bios, and the restart mid install error only occurs while the laptop is charging, (it uses usb-c for charging) can that be the issiue? also i couln't disable \ enable all the bios settings that the guide says to (i couldnt find them) i think that i did most \ important ones can that cause the issiue too? also it just reboots whith no error screen and sometimes freezes with monterey installation
i tried doing the efi myself (efi 3) but it has a lot of errors can someone help me?
thanks in advance, hope someone can help me :wave:

Attachments

• EFI 1.rar
    3.9 MB · Views: 55
  • EFI(2).zip
    6.5 MB · Views: 61
  • EFI 3.rar
    22.4 MB · Views: 41
Hi, i'm trying to install mac os 11.2 (big sur) on my thinkpad l380 i am using this efi created by

molko1234 link: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/success-lenovo-thinkpad-l380-oc-monterey-12-3.319382/

the efi was originally intended for mac os monterey 12.0 but after many failed attempts of the same issiue i am having (reboot during installation, freezes black screen after install) i decided to remove the port mapping and install big sur thinking that that was the problem (i disabled \ enabled xhci thing in config but it wont work) efi 1 is the efi with no port mapping that i used for big sur and efi 2 the original one with port mapping and monterey
the only difference between his and my computer is the cpu, he has an i5 8th gen but i have an i3 8th gen (don't think that this is the problem)and also i have the stock wifi card.
also in the opencore guide it says to disable thunderbold in bios, and the restart mid install error only occurs while the laptop is charging, (it uses usb-c for charging) can that be the issiue? also i couln't disable \ enable all the bios settings that the guide says to (i couldnt find them) i think that i did most \ important ones can that cause the issiue too? also it just reboots whith no error screen and sometimes freezes with monterey installation
i tried doing the efi myself (efi 3) but it has a lot of errors can someone help me?
thanks in advance, hope someone can help me :wave:
I have moved your post to laptop support

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

sorry if i posted in the wrong thread, updated my profile.
is there something about my problem in the faq?

sorry if i posted in the wrong thread, updated my profile.
is there something about my problem in the faq?
XhciPortLimit is broken in Big Sur, should be disabled

also as it is broken, you may want to try installing Catalina first then setting up your usb ports:

then upgrade to macOS Big Sur/ Monterey after

thanks, i could try installing catalina, i think i disabled XhciPortLimit i will check.
thanks for your help :mrgreen:

thanks, i could try installing catalina, i think i disabled XhciPortLimit i will check.
thanks for your help :mrgreen:
profile, Motherboard should say Lenovo ThinkPad l380

checked XhciPortLimit and it was enabled, strange, i swore i had disabled it, i am about to try with catalina

also, is there any mistakes in the config.plist or in the efi in general? is there any really important bios setting? that i might have missed?
thanks for your time

also, is there any mistakes in the config.plist or in the efi in general? is there any really important bios setting? that i might have missed?
thanks for your time
I couldn't be bothered to check all three uploads and only really noticed the XhciPortLimit

there is also a guide here if your files are not working:

i disabled XhciPortLimit and put 10.15 (catalina) and it gives this error, then everything freezes even if i click enter or space nothing happens
i am using a usb ethernet adapter, tp link UE300 i think not the 2022 version and it is compatible with mac os

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-06-12 at 4.35.26 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-06-12 at 4.35.26 PM.jpeg
    51.4 KB · Views: 45
Back