Graphics
nvidea gtx 550 ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
i most recently completed my dual boot of mac and windows.
Read This if you are new to hackintoshes and macs if not, you might find this unnecessary information.
therefore i decided to plot a dew guidelines myself:
(All the information is in context to using the iBoot + MuliBeast method)

First of all, make sure your dvd drive works fine since it is extremely important that in any circumstance iBoot should work at the least. Faulty drives tend to make things much harder.
And you must remember that patience is the key, there will be times when even iBoot behaves a bit "different".

Secondly make sure your mouse and keyboard are supported by macs. I myself had a hard time installing my mac using keyboard shortcuts since my mouse wasn't supported. Here on the forum its taken for granted that you have the right peripherals.
therefore if your mouse doesn't work at all.... don't panic, buy a new one :)
P.S- Try using a usb keyboard on pc's they are much more supportive and do not require additional kexts to make them work.

Updating is mandatory. Without the update MultiBeast does not work well.
Although personally the 10.6.8 update wasn't as supportive. I got much better stability with the 10.6.7 update. Therefore, id say you can stick with the old one for some time.
It is possible to upgrade directly to lion from 10.6.7 update to 10.6.8 not necessary.

One of the weirdest things that happens after using MultiBeast is that the internet and ps/2 keyboard that worked flawlessly before MultiBeast may stop working after.
Therefore while using MultiBeast install the audio ethernet and ps/2 options even though they might be working for you now and you might find these unnecessary, since after the restart things tend to change.
You may need want to do this correctly first time itself because most of those installs require you to install with system utilities tasks.

Read the Info given at the bottom of MultiBeast before beginning an installation.
Try Installing one at a time. Use it as many times as you want because the installer tends to crash on new macs if overworked.

If in case you are planning to dual boot, Install windows first.! The biggest mistake is made by installing Mac first. I've done this mistake myself, It Does work although with more complications.
-- Follow the Tonymacx86 guide to dual booting it works like a charm. The other guides out there didn't work for me.

-This is not a guide. Just a heads up. For those new to hackintoshes as i was. Since the other posts are for the more seasoned mac users.

Thanks for this. My experience thus far is that my own mouse also didn't work. Of course I thought it was not the mouse since it was new but as it turned out it was the mouse.

I am currently dual-booting SL/Win7 after installing Snow Leopard first...It does work if you follow the dual booting guide posted in this forum.

Read read read and read some more lol and do your homework
I'm still reading a lot of stuff.
+1 :thumbup:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Read read read and read some more lol and do your homework
I'm still reading a lot of stuff.

Exactly! +10000 Preparation is the key.

I read a lot of Kernel Panic threads, taking note of the solutions offered by other members. -- and trying to understand the "logic" why that solution is being offered. I also made notes about HARDWARE COMPATIBILITY.

During my install, I did encounter a few KPs (that are "familiar" to me based on doing my "homework") and in each case, I "know" what to do next... or things I should try next. I did not panic and run to the forum posting "Help! My Pc won't boot." This made my troubleshooting easier and faster, and gave me confidence to try different "what if" scenarios.

Also, go into this project with the mindset that you'll encounter KPs and various problems. Don't expect it to be easy peasy.... (If you want it easy as pie, go buy an Apple pie.)

That said, my install was successful.. I even re-did the install a second/third time so I can be 100% sure of the steps, (so the user doesn't get the KPs) and write a guide for my Intel mobo (which was non supported in the DSDT database).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back