Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 m gaming
CPU
i7-9700kf
Graphics
RX 580
Hi, friends. I built my first hackintosh two months ago, I really am a beginner.

I solved all the problems by investigating all possible threads here. But one still remains:

- When the computer sleeps once, it returns without a problem and can be woken up without a problem.
- In a second attempt to put to sleep, it does not sleep effectively. All fans stop, but the power led remains on.
- When trying to wake up, the fans star, but there is no image return on the monitor.

I investigated other threads and found none reporting the problem being only in a second time when the computer sleeps. So I consider this a new clue.

- My Setup:
Mobo Gigabyte M Gaming Z390
CPU i7-9700kf
GPU RX 580 Pulse Sapphire 8GB
RAM 32GB ddr4 CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 3200MHZ
Wifi/Bluetooth Fenvi-t919

- Monitor LG lg 32ud59-b with DP.

- SMBIOS MacPro7,1 (the only one with apple tv+ working)
- Using Clover

- Using Catalina 10.15.5 (but the issues happens since 10.15.3, the first install)

I tested many different kexts (and removing kesxts too). Tested many boot arguments. Tested ssdt patches for RX 580. Tested different SMBIOS

Attached my EFI folder, IOReg and a screenshot from my usb config in hackintools

I will be very grateful if you can help me with the problem and with the post to help others.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Captura de Tela 2020-06-02 às 19.33.50.png
    Captura de Tela 2020-06-02 às 19.33.50.png
    579.7 KB · Views: 62
  • EFI.zip
    20.3 MB · Views: 58
  • IOReg.ioreg
    6.1 MB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Try the EFI from my Z390 build thread. Link is below in my signature. Apple TV+ works. Sleep/wake works.

*Note: Unlocking MSR required.

Try the EFI from my Z390 build thread. Link is below in my signature. Apple TV+ works. Sleep/wake works.

*Note: Unlocking MSR required.

Hi, Thanks for the reply. I had already tested some folders from your build. I will test again and give a feedback later.

Hi, @pastrychef

I used your EFI folder with just updated Lilu and WEG, and with my custom usb configuration. It works. Many, many thank you. I unlocked the MDR following your tutorial. It's great. I'll assign this thread as solved.

But now, the graphic card is not recognized in "About this mac" or in the system informations. Have you some idea what happens?

Attachments

• Captura de Tela 2020-06-03 às 08.29.57.png
    Captura de Tela 2020-06-03 às 08.29.57.png
    241.8 KB · Views: 56
  • Captura de Tela 2020-06-03 às 08.32.09.png
    Captura de Tela 2020-06-03 às 08.32.09.png
    298.1 KB · Views: 57
Hi, @pastrychef

I used your EFI folder with just updated Lilu and WEG, and with my custom usb configuration. It works. Many, many thank you. I unlocked the MDR following your tutorial. It's great. I'll assign this thread as solved.

But now, the graphic card is not recognized in "About this mac" or in the system informations. Have you some idea what happens?

It's just cosmetic. Please see post #3 of my Z390 thread, post #3. On the bottom, you will see instructions on "How to populate System Information > PCI". Follow those instructions and you can edit it to say "RX 580".

It's just cosmetic. Please see post #3 of my Z390 thread, post #3. On the bottom, you will see instructions on "How to populate System Information > PCI". Follow those instructions and you can edit it to say "RX 580".
Hi. It works. Thank you.

Hi. It works. Thank you.
Hi, we have almost the same machine and the same monitor...
I am building it for Mojave. However, every time I wake it up from sleep mode, the monitor is black. And I have to unplug and plug my HDMI cable to get it back. Have you met a familiar situation?

I am building it for Mojave. However, every time I wake it up from sleep mode, the monitor is black. And I have to unplug and plug my HDMI cable to get it back. Have you met a familiar situation?
Hi,
I have not tested removing the cable to see if the monitor would wake up.
If you have the same motherboard (Gigabyte M Gaming z390), I suggest using the EFI folder provided by @pastrychef in his guide. I don't have enough knowledge to identify what exactly causes my problem, but as with me, the good news is that a suitable EFI folder can solve your build. Good luck.

Hi,
I have not tested removing the cable to see if the monitor would wake up.
If you have the same motherboard (Gigabyte M Gaming z390), I suggest using the EFI folder provided by @pastrychef in his guide. I don't have enough knowledge to identify what exactly causes my problem, but as with me, the good news is that a suitable EFI folder can solve your build. Good luck.

This is very common when using HDMI in macOS. Try lowering the resolution and/or refresh rate. It's not the best solution but I don't know of a better one other than to not use HDMI.

This is very common when using HDMI in macOS. Try lowering the resolution and/or refresh rate. It's not the best solution but I don't know of a better one other than to not use HDMI.
Yeah. When I change to dp cable. Sleep works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back