Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Anyone else run into this -- I've downloaded the iPhoto 9.2 update via Software Update but when I click install I immediately get an error message:

The update “iPhoto Update” can’t be installed. An unexpected error occurred.

Then there is an red exclamation point next to the update in the Software Update list. Did some searching and can't seem to find a solution. I am running 10.7.2 with Chimera 1.5.4; of note I still haven't gotten iCloud to work either although I can log into the App Store.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I didn't have that iPhoto problem, but the last update did break iPhoto for me....finally found out that the Flip video camera installed a buggy codec, so IF you have a Flip, wait until there is a new Flip update...IIRC it was the 3ivx codec.

Which iphoto version are you running? To be able to install 9.2, you must update to 9.1.2 before.

diocagnotto said:
Which iphoto version are you running? To be able to install 9.2, you must update to 9.1.2 before.

I'm at 9.1.5. I can see and download the update via Software Update, just get that error when it tries to install.

cmcnice said:
of note I still haven't gotten iCloud to work either

Ok, my two cents.
iPhoto 9.2 add the photostream on iCloud; I wonder now if your system lock the iPhoto update "knowing" your unable to use iCloud... if you fix it (iCloud) then the update should be installable as well :confused:

diocagnotto said:
cmcnice said:

Ok, my two cents.
iPhoto 9.2 add the photostream on iCloud; I wonder now if your system lock the iPhoto update "knowing" your unable to use iCloud... if you fix it (iCloud) then the update should be installable as well :confused:

I hoped so as well; unfortunately I know have iCloud working (by inserting an EFI string to make sure my Ethernet card was being read as BuiltIn) and the update still gives the same error message. Any other ideas?

cmcnice said:
diocagnotto said:
cmcnice said:

Ok, my two cents.

I hoped so as well; unfortunately I know have iCloud working (by inserting an EFI string to make sure my Ethernet card was being read as BuiltIn) and the update still gives the same error message. Any other ideas?

Simple solution -- used the download from apple's website and iPhoto updated without a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back