Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
"The Selected movie won't play on your display.

This movie can be played only on displays that support HDCP (High bandwidth Digital Content Protection)"

I get this with my Hackintosh, when I try to play Toy Story Toons: Small Fry downloaded from the iTunes store.
On Windows 7 it plays just fine. My motherboard Asus P8Z77-V Pro, GPU HD 4000 and HP LA 2306x display all support HDCP through Displayport, which I use. So I don't understand this.
Also iTunes Store movie trailers won't play. They play fine from web though.

I have tried running it in 32-bit mode in both 11.0.1 and 11.0.2 versions with no luck.

Have you ever figured anything out with this? I'm suffering the same problem. "This movie can be played only on displays that support HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection)." Running 10.9.2 and latest itunes (11.1.5).

I get this error as well with iTunes 11.1.5 and quicktime trying to play despicable me 2, yet when I convert said file from .mv4 to .mp4 with handbrake i can open it in iTunes and quicktime with no problem. way to go DRM.I don't remember having this problem with the version of iTunes before this.

I get this error as well with iTunes 11.1.5 and quicktime trying to play despicable me 2, yet when I convert said file from .mv4 to .mp4 with handbrake i can open it in iTunes and quicktime with no problem. way to go DRM.I don't remember having this problem with the version of iTunes before this.

I think you can get rid of the HDCP error window by using imac12,2 or macbookpro8,1 --- but the DRM content will just give you 'pink artifact screen' instead.

I think you can get rid of the HDCP error window by using imac12,2 or macbookpro8,1 --- but the DRM content will just give you 'pink artifact screen' instead.
ya unfortunately if i did that i'd break my Powermanagement. oh well. i'll just keep stripping the DRM out with handbrake

ya unfortunately if i did that i'd break my Powermanagement. oh well. i'll just keep stripping the DRM out with handbrake

May I ask how you are doing that? I was under the impression that Handbrake wasnt able to strip DRM on its own, that you needed a 3rd party paid app to do that.

(assuming it isnt violating the rules of this forum)

I would love to do this as I currently have to use an outboard video card to solve the DRM/Pink screen problem with itunes videos i purchased. Would much rather use the HD3000 and say, VLC.

May I ask how you are doing that? I was under the impression that Handbrake wasnt able to strip DRM on its own, that you needed a 3rd party paid app to do that.

(assuming it isnt violating the rules of this forum)

I would love to do this as I currently have to use an outboard video card to solve the DRM/Pink screen problem with itunes videos i purchased. Would much rather use the HD3000 and say, VLC.

I don't know that it exactly strips the DRM but I am able to watch the same video in iTunes or quicktime that i wasn't able to before just by using handbrake to convert the iTunes .mv4 file to .mp4. you could also use wondershares video converter ultimate but its not freeware.

I don't know that it exactly strips the DRM but I am able to watch the same video in iTunes or quicktime that i wasn't able to before just by using handbrake to convert the iTunes .mv4 file to .mp4. you could also use wondershares video converter ultimate but its not freeware.

Are you sure that the videos you are watching by converting with handbrake had DRM in the first place? There are some trailers, podcasts, and such on itunes that have no DRM. I'm talking about like paid for HD TV show episodes and movies. Just wondering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back