Contribute
Register

The right way to install rx570

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well curently I run high Sierra with i5-7400 and intel on board gpu well I purchased the rx570 8gb nitro+ from sapphire but I’m not install it yet physically to the machine so before do any bad move and brick my current Mac OS installation would you like to suggest me the correct way to install the card?
Thanks for your time

If I'm not mistaken, you only need to enable the RadeonDeInit option in the config.plist file. I use Clover Configurator to modify my config file and that option is under the Graphics section. If this option does not get the card working then you will need to use Whatevergreen and Lilu kext by placing them in the /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other folder.

Once the card is functioning correctly then you should disable the onboard GPU.

well everything is alright its super easy i just copy the kext files into the other folder with clover and card immediately works after reboot but i need dual monitor which i cannot make it work its a very common problem as i read but i cannot find the solution in my situation i have a big monitor as main connected to gpu with DVI TO HDMI Cable (hdmi goes to gpu) and the secondary one which is connected with vga to (vga-(display port adapter))-display port to gpu i get signal to (main screen the HDMI one) but in the secondary i just take the orange standby light then i check the information of what is connected to mac and i get both screen connected so where is the problem can you suggest me some guides to follow?
thanks for your time

Attachments

• IMG_0606.JPG
    IMG_0606.JPG
    6.7 MB · Views: 581
  • IMG_0607.JPG
    IMG_0607.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 506
As I understand, High Sierra, even the earlier version of Mac OS drop the support of VGA output. I don't know what type of RX570 you got still have that dino technology.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back