Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everybody!
Before i start to complain, let me first spend some words about this beautiful community. Tonymacx86.com gave me the opportunity to build a powerful Mac, with less than half the price of a branded Macintosh. Everything is well explained and comes really easy if you follow the precise (and never redundant) instructions of the guides as well as the users themselves. In the past few months i managed to solve a lot of problems just searching in this powerful site (in your face, Google! Your Power is nothing around here!:headbang:)

Given that, I tried to search the solutions to my problems but i didn't managed to find them, here is why I'm writing right know. I have two problems.

1) The first problem is the most annoying one. Two out of three times that I turn off my hackintosh (See further for the hardware/software specs) it automatically turns on another times. Let me explain batter. It seems that he gets the signal to 'Reset' rather than to 'Power Off'. This is really annoying because I have to freeze the boot process (see attachment 1) and then force the quit process.

2) The second problem seems to be somehow related to the first one, even if it's different. Sometimes when I turn on the PC, it can't manage to load the operating system (Mavericks). It boots correctly and then it freezes showing the classical 'grey screen' with the apple logo (see attachment 2). The particularity is that, when it turns on in the proper mode, I usually see a 'low res' - 'bigger' apple logo (like the one on attachment 3). Instead, when I see the 'high res' logo its clear that I have to manually power off the PC. Another feature is that when this happens, I see the cursor of the magic mouse and I manage to move through my screens -as-if- it completed the start up process properly.

Here are the specs of the hackintosh

-Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5Ghz
-mobo Gigabyte GA-Z87x-UD5h
-DDR3 1600 Mhz PC 12800 16GB
-Corsair CX Series 80 Plus

Hope you guys manage to help me solve this problems!
A big 'CIAO' from Italy
;)
Alessandro

Attachments

• Att1.jpg
    Att1.jpg
    853.5 KB · Views: 69
  • Att2.jpg
    Att2.jpg
    798.1 KB · Views: 97
  • Att3.jpg
    Att3.jpg
    273 KB · Views: 75
No ideas?
:cry:

I just came to the forum to find a solution for this exact problem. I have a GA-Z87N-Wifi Board so it's common amongst us with similar boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back