Contribute
Register

The OS X installer cannot find hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
<< need manufacturer and model # >> See Forum Rules !!
CPU
i7 3770
Graphics
650 GTX
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Air
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi. I need help from my fellow Hackintoshers:

Gigabyte Z 77-DS3H Rev. 1.1, i7 3770, Corsair HX 650 power source, Seagate Barracuda 1T, 7200 RPM, 8x2 Corsair Vengeance RAM, using HD 4000 graphics for now, installing ML 10.8. After fiddling with the BIOS, I get to the OS X installer but it cannot find the disk to install it to. Any suggestions? Thanks, Manuel.

Hi. I need help from my fellow Hackintoshers:

Gigabyte Z 77-DS3H Rev. 1.1, i7 3770, Corsair HX 650 power source, Seagate Barracuda 1T, 7200 RPM, 8x2 Corsair Vengeance RAM, using HD 4000 graphics for now, installing ML 10.8. After fiddling with the BIOS, I get to the OS X installer but it cannot find the disk to install it to. Any suggestions? Thanks, Manuel.

At the first screen with the big X there in a command bar - select utilities->disk utility and format your HDD.

Thanks for the advice. I changed the HDD to HCI and I was able to install. Do I need to run MultiBeast? I read in the instructions that Gigabyte MB don't have to get DSDTs. Thanks again. I'm a proud father now! MS.

i have the same problem... there is no way i could get it to see the hard drive :| ... my motherboard is old, its Asus P5K. i messed around alot in the bios but didnt work. im thinking to switch my hard drive to IDE from SATA. anyone has any suggestions? any other way that i can install os x without having to switching my hard drive?:beachball:

Thanks for the advice. I changed the HDD to HCI and I was able to install. Do I need to run MultiBeast? I read in the instructions that Gigabyte MB don't have to get DSDTs. Thanks again. I'm a proud father now! MS.

Yes, you still need to run MultiBeast to install the bootloader, fakesmc, your audio and networking kexts and other needed files.

Congratulations to your wife. She did the hard work :mrgreen: ("Hello, Daddy", said Milton the Monster)- boy or girl?

Thanks. Alas, I cannot cut the umbilical cord.

Somehow, I was not able to boot to the HDD without the USB drive in and in the process I unplugged the power and the BIOS became corrupt and it reinstalled itself and now the HDD is not even seen at booting Option 1. I removed the battery from the MB and will go over the BIOS settings as before to see if I that helps. I need help: 1) Getting to boot form the HDD, and 2) Once that happens, be able to remove the USB and still boot from the HDD. Any suggestions are most certainly welcome. Thanks!

GA Z77 DSH3, i7, 8x2 Corsair Vengeance RAM, 1T HDD Seagate Barracuda with identical HDD for backup. It's running well. I just cannot boot to the HDD without the USB. I appreciate your suggestions. MS.
:headbang:

Thanks everyone. I just found that I have a "boot0 error" and I need to unmount the drive and write in terminal a couple of lines to tell the system that the HDD sectors are now 4K(Advance Format) and not 512b. Thanks again. MS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back