Graphics
HD3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Trying to do a clean install of Lion osX from a flash drive created with unibeast. this is my first hackintosh i got far enough into SL to get app store and purchase Lion but so many problems trying to get it to install (lack of knowledge mostly) i followed many tutorials and i figured it will probably be best at this point to do a clean install of lion since i made the thumb drive. however i am having trouble getting to the installer. The Chimera boot screen comes up fine i tried safe mode and single user moder and GrapicsEnabler=No because i have intel HD 3000 grapics. Trying to install on Lenovo G570 core i3. the furhest i can get is the white screen with grey apple logo sometimes it has the circle with line through it for like no smoking and stuff above the apple..? any ideas or suggestions thanks

Re: the "no smoking" symbol above apple logo...

thanks for response. i have very limited options in bios
photo.jpg

hey no problem. i think from what someone told me its lack of support for intel hd 3000 graphics...ive got lion installed just trying to stabilize everything. ill mark as solved

try booting with arch=i386

Hi, Carlos28355! I have the exact same problem. The no smoking sign. I also have Intel HD 3000 graphics. What did you do to get to the installer?

hey labznet did you get it yet? have you made a USB installer or how are you installing? my problem was a dumb one. I followed many tutorials and i followed them exactly when i made the USB installer with unibeast it never told me to click the Laptop Support option although very obvious i didnt do so because it wasnt mentioned in the steps. so once i did that and recreated my usb installer it booted up to it and i was able to install without any problems.

Yes, I created a USB installer using UniBeast with Laptop Support.. I guess mine is a different problem then.. i tried many different combinations of flags but i still cannot get to the installer :( :(

sorry. wish i could help you out more but i know pretty much less than everyone on this stuff ha ha. Mine was as simple as checking the laptop support. intel hd 3000 graphics is supported with lion. is your usb drive lion os Snow Leopard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back