i5-10500
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I used one of these for a mATX system for a couple of years. It gets the job done. The design is ancient and it looks like they'll be closing these out for good this time. So it's your last chance to grab one or more ! Sale runs for 1 week from today, March 1st. You rarely ever see a new case selling at 52% off retail price.

https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16811147123

For those that can't shop on Newegg for whatever reason, they are also selling these on Ebay. Limit is 5 cases.

Screen Shot 3.jpg

Last edited:
The above FBM-01 case sells for 9 dollars less than the case shown in this video and is a better value imo. Watch to see what Steve thinks as he tears this DIYPC Zondda to shreds with his analysis. The one advantage it has is that you can fit an ATX board in it while the FBM-01 maxes out at mATX boards. ITX boards will also work in the FBM-01.

Last edited:
Here's a hands-on review of the FBM-01 if you've never looked at one before.

Here's a demo of a mATX build in the FBM-01. It gives you more than enough space for this size mobo. Don't expect to put any high end gaming rig into this case. Not what it's meant for. It's not for an overclocked system either. The airflow is too restricted to do that. If you are into case modding, that's another story. Hacking up the front panel by drilling holes into it is not what I would do.

Last edited:
Here's a demo of an ITX build in the FBM-01. It gives you more than enough space for an ITX system.

those case type's take me back 20 years or so... :)

those case type's take me back 20 years or so...
The fact that it's still sold today says something about the design. It's held up longer than most do. Missing many modern features though like front USB 3.0 and a motherboard tray cutout to install a CPU cooler.

When you total up the cost of the two fans, the shipping cost, it's like Newegg is selling you a two dollar case. The cost to ship to you is at least 12 dollars. Two fans would be at least five dollars. So it's really a $1.99 + sales tax case. It's not something you'd ever put a new Z490 mATX system into but you can build a mini server or move older hardware into a new case if it's still running well. I was amazed at the smooth, rolled edges of a case in this price range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back