1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey Everyone,

I'm running the sabertooth X79 right now, but I'm thinking about replacing it with the new X79 Deluxe. I really like that it has 8 SATA 6GB/s ports. I want to add some more HDDs on my computer but my sabertooth is maxed out so I really need the SATA ports. I haven't been active on the forum lately and I'm not sure if this motherboard is going to work nicely as a hackintosh.

If anyone would be kind enough to check it out and offer me their opinion that would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/X79DELUXE#specifications

Thanks!

I am also interested in that new X79 Deluxe board. However I'm still trying to figure out the new capabilities compared to old x79's. When I compared on Asus Website there are some stuff like new power design, onboard wifi and more SATA ports. I either will go with old P9x79 Pro or this new Deluxe.
If somebody with knowledge can explain, that would be great.

Well, I know one thing: The audio for the board is now supported in the new version of multibeast. I wouldn't count on the onboard wifi to work in OSX, but everything else should be ok IMO. I especially want it for the expanded SATA ports. I will pick the board up and try it out when I have some extra cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back