Contribute
Register

The most new Mountain Lion installation?? help please!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Macbook
CPU
Dual core 2.3
Graphics
Intel integrated graphics
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I still need to first install Snow Leopard first and then just download Mountain Lion from the appstore and then install, right?

I've read some guides but I also heard the info is really old so I don't trust it that much...

I've made a question about being able to install Snow leopard with more than 2GB RAM. In the guide in the forum says that you have to do it with 2GB but someone told me is old information. :thumbdown:

I was wondering what is the newest way to install Mountain Lion:

-First iBoot
-Then Unibeast?
-Then Snow Leopard
-Then Multibeast?
-Then dowload mountain lion and install it right away? do I need to put it in a USB and modify the dmg?
-Do I have to run Multibeast again here or should I wait til I installed Mountain Lion and install it here the first time?

Anyone? Would be incredibly helpful to have this info!

Thanks!

If you own a mac then you can download ML and create a bootable installation USB drive.
If you don't own a mac then barrow a mac from your friend and download ML from Mac app store. This way it will be less painful. Option is yours.

1. Use iBoot + Snow Leopard retail DVD to install Snow Leopard.
2. Update to Mac OS X 10.6.8 to get the Mac App Store.
3. Run Multibeast to get a fully working Snow Leopard Hackintosh.
4. Buy the OS X Mountain Lion installer from the Mac App Store.
5. Use Unibeast to create installer USB drive from the Mountain Lion installer.
6. Use the installer USB drive created by Unibeast to install Mountain Lion.
7. Run Multibeast again to get a fully working Mountain Lion Hackintosh.

If you already own a Mac with access to the Mac App Store, you can skip straight to step 4.

There is no 2 GB RAM limit. The old "limit" for Snow Leopard was 4 GB, but in reality, it doesn't really matter. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back