1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi All! :)

I'm currently following this guide -
http://lifehacker.com/5815715/how-to-build-a-hackintosh-mini-for-less-than-600

And when it comes to installing the 10.6.8 combo update it doesn't let me and I get the message "The Installation Failed" with a big yellow exclamation.

Im currently on 10.6 fresh retail install.

Anyone know why?
Should i be using a different guide? Please link me to better guides if possible!

Heres my spec -
I5 750
Gigsbyte Ga-H55n-usb3 motherboard
Corsair gs600 psu
Crucial 2x4gb DDR3 1600Mhz Ballistix Sport Memory

Hope you can help!
Cheers :)

Hi All! :)

I'm currently following this guide -
http://lifehacker.com/5815715/how-to-build-a-hackintosh-mini-for-less-than-600

And when it comes to installing the 10.6.8 combo update it doesn't let me and I get the message "The Installation Failed" with a big yellow exclamation.

Im currently on 10.6 fresh retail install.

Anyone know why?
Should i be using a different guide? Please link me to better guides if possible!

Heres my spec -
I5 750
Gigsbyte Ga-H55n-usb3 motherboard
Corsair gs600 psu
Crucial 2x4gb DDR3 1600Mhz Ballistix Sport Memory

Hope you can help!
Cheers :)

Try install combo update to 10.6.7, reboot.
Install Update helper, reboot.
install combo update 10.6.8, do not reboot, run MultiBeast, then reboot.

Thanks for the help, but that didnt work either.
Ive tried all combo updates but none work.

Ive redownloaded the updates to make sure they are not corrupt, ive also made sure the certificate is valid when installing.

I pressed command+L when it fails and got this in the error log -
Jan 20 14:05:02 Ashs-Mac-Pro Installer[131]: Failed install preflight: Error Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Code=102 UserInfo=0x1004acc60 "The package “MacOSXUpdCombo10.6.8.pkg” is untrusted." Underlying Error=(Error Domain=NSOSStatusErrorDomain Code=-2147409654 UserInfo=0x1004a8f20 "The operation couldn’t be completed. CSSMERR_TP_CERT_EXPIRED")

Jan 20 14:05:02 Ashs-Mac-Pro Installer[131]: Install failed: The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.

Jan 20 14:05:02 Ashs-Mac-Pro Installer[131]: Displaying 'Install Failed' UI.

Jan 20 14:05:02 Ashs-Mac-Pro Installer[131]: 'Install Failed' UI displayed message:'An unknown installation error occurred.\n\nThe Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.'.
any ideas?

Hope someone can help! :)

Thanks for the help, but that didnt work either.
Ive tried all combo updates but none work.

Ive redownloaded the updates to make sure they are not corrupt, ive also made sure the certificate is valid when installing.

I pressed command+L when it fails and got this in the error log -

any ideas?

Hope someone can help! :)

ashatron

Several users have had issues w the date / time stamp of the file and the date/time set in the BIOS - but this has been indicated as a somewhat different error.

What you could do is to set the data /time in the BIOS to about 14 mo's ago ( maybe as much as 24 mo ago) and see if this role back of the clock helps - I would do this from the get go (start install w the BIOS rolled back 2 years) that way any older kexts don't have date issues with newer kexts from the update package.

As the new kexts have dates newer that what was shipped on the original Apple DVD - and when you install then they get the date time stamp from the Computer that your installing too.

Was having this exact problem, set it back exactly 24 months, installer went right on through. Thank you very much!

Was having this exact problem, set it back exactly 24 months, installer went right on through. Thank you very much!

detuned

Glad this method solved the problem for you - now if we only know if this worked for the original poster of the problem.

I am updating an original Mac book 2006 model, all white

And I can't get the combo update to install > and this is a fresh install of SL's install disk.

I've tried the setting the laptops date back but it didn't work .

I also ran it back to 2008 with no luck.

Should I have set the date back to 2008 before install? Like at the install screen?

I am updating an original Mac book 2006 model, all white

And I can't get the combo update to install > and this is a fresh install of SL's install disk.

I've tried the setting the laptops date back but it didn't work .

I also ran it back to 2008 with no luck.

Should I have set the date back to 2008 before install? Like at the install screen?

For help with a "real" Mac, contact Apple Support.

Gentlemen have achieved after a long time of twists and turns install the SL Retail smoothly. But when you upgrade the 10.6.8 combo update does not leave me, I get the message "The Installation Failed" with a big yellow exclamation. Any suggestions.

According to the Guide: iBoot + MultiBeast: Install Mac OS X on any Intel-based PC.
Problem=
5-Mount MacOSXUpdCombo10.6.8.dmg
6-Install MacOSXUpdCombo10.6.8.pkg
7- Upon completion, the installer will ask you to reboot. DO NOT REBOOT.
8-Switch to the already open MultiBeast. If it closes, just re-open it.

Thank you!.

Asus P5E3 Premium WiFi-AP / Intel core 2 Quad Q9550 / ATI Readon HD 5670

Gentlemen have achieved after a long time of twists and turns install the SL Retail smoothly. But when you upgrade the 10.6.8 combo update does not leave me, I get the message "The Installation Failed" with a big yellow exclamation. Any suggestions.
Asus P5E3 Premium WiFi-AP / Intel core 2 Quad Q9550 / ATI Readon HD 5670
On P5x series boards install combo update 10.6.7, reboot.
Install Update helper, reboot.
install combo update 10.6.8, do not reboot, run MultiBeast, then reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back