Contribute
Register

The GTX 650 Ti Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got the gtx 650ti , gigabyte GA-G77-D3HS mobo, 3570K 3.4ghz ivy bridge cpu, my main concern is being aple toplay Steam Games, and FinalCutPro 7!(specifically) Adobe cs5-6

I just want to make sure its stable as possible. Also On Osx Lion 10.7.

hmm alright I just hope i can get it to work without any problems lol.;)

hmm alright I just hope i can get it to work without any problems lol.;)
I can confirm Borderlands 2 works just fine. I can set everything on the highest settings at 1080p.

No, none of that, it's very easy...
  1. Delete AppleTYMCEDriver.kext in your S/L/E (make sure your your running a mac pro 3,1 or something that allows you to install the nvidia drivers).
  2. Edit your "org.chameleon.Boot.plist" under extras from boot drive by opening with textedit.
  3. Under the line "<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>" it should say "<string>Yes</string>" which is default by Chimera.
  4. Change this line to "<string>No</string>" this will stop chimera fron trying to inject your card, this is because the card is natively supported under OSX.
  5. Save the edited "org.chameleon.Boot.plist" file
  6. Install NVDIA CUDA from "http://www.nvidia.com/object/cuda-mac-driver.html"
  7. Install Drivers from here "http://www.nvidia.com/object/macosx-304.00.05f02-driver.html"
  8. Then shut down, plug card into your PCI Express 2.0 x16 or PCI Express 3.0 x16, it doesn't matter because the card will never saturate the lane. Don't forget to attach pci power cord from power supply.
  9. Plug monitor into card.
  10. reboot (you will notice chimera and the booting apple symbol will only appear take up about 3/4 of the screen, this is because the drivers have not yet been loaded, as soon as its done booting it should fill the screen).
  11. Your done, go under about this mac and make sure OSX recognizes it.
I haven't had a single kernel panic, crashes or anything. Works 100% with full acceleration, CUDA, OpenCL/GL, QE/CI, card throttling, and sleep. Hope I helped
-Aaron

i followed these instructions on my working system. i cannot get it to fully boot with 650ti card
running specs:
osx 10.8.2
intel dx58s0 mb i7 @ 2.7 6gb ram nvidia 210 cheep video card and the model is listed as macpro 4,1

if i boot with the 650 in it runs all the way to the white screen a split second before the desktop is coming up and locks
there is no difference in safe mode . i watched verbose there are no errors i see .
where is the log at to see why its locking?

:banghead:

I have a Gigabyte GTX 650 Ti Overclocked 1GByte running really well in my build:

Gigabyte GA Z77 DS3H
i5 3570k @ 3.4 GHz
16 GByte RAM

Here's what I did to get it going:
  • Put all parts together, except for the GTX 650 Ti
  • Pugged screen into the motherboard's DVI-port
  • Set the right BIOS/UEFI-settings
  • Installed OS X 10.8.2 from USB (no special Chiemra-settings)
  • Ran Multibeast (EasyBeast)
  • Downloaded NVidia-Drivers (don't have the link handy but it's here somewhere)
  • Installed those drivers
  • Shut down
  • Put in the GTX 650 Ti and swapped the screen cable
  • Hat to set GrapphicsEnabler=No in Chimera to get past the grey boot screen
  • Perfect boot and graphics card was recognised just fine
  • Set GrapphicsEnabler=No as a permanent setting in MultiBeast

I cannot complain about any performance issues, e. g. Portal from Steam runs really well. I must admit though, I mainly use Windows to play games.

Originally I was using the Mac Pro 3,1 system definition but recently I changed it to iMac 13,2 because it gives me better sleep (actually it's my Hackintosh that can now sleep properly, but that's kind of related, isn't it).

I hope this helps some people here. I am also still hoping that 10.8.3 will bring native Support for the GTX 650 Ti.

I have my hackintosh for a few weeks now, using a Gigabyte GTX 650 Ti on a Gigabyte Z77 motherboard with X.8.2. The software I'm using right now works fine, including the Unigine Valley benchmark, so the GTX is there.

However, I'd like to install Final Cut Pro X now (v10.0.7 fresh from the Mac App Store). Does the 650 Ti just work with FCPX? Or do I have to edit files (like with Premiere or After Effects)?

I've seen threads here of people with a 650 Ti and FCPX, but that's just an assumption and I didn't see a explicit statement yet saying that FCPX works with THAT specific card.

Hi Bradamante,

I use FCPX daily for pro (paid) work with my GTX 650 ti... works great! Only problem I had was with a bad event render file but that was not GPU related.

No edits needed (like CS6).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back