Contribute
Register

The EZ 8000 - Core 2 Duo E8400 - Affordable CustoMac Media Center

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only flag that seemed to help was -X you could start to see the apple load screen. I tried as many other flags as I found in the forms Including PCIRoot

1. The boot loader is whatever is in Unibeast 5.2 for Mountain lion Legacy boot mode. I think chimera. I tried making it with Unibeast 6.0 for El Captain it would not let me select mountain lion
2. I made The USB installer stick on Yosemite 10.10.5

I do have a MacBook that has lion on it I can update it to Mountain lion. And make the usb with that. It takes for ever on that thing.....? Like watching paint dry ....:sick:

I did try only connecting the ssd drive for ML. Disconnect everything else including the CD-ROM.
also different Usb drives and plugged it into slots played with video card I have many. In the end I put the GT 610 back in.

I will try agian later on tonight. Going to buy a new USB drive. And making the installer USB from my Macbook that has lion installed. I could Make a small partition on the Mac book pro and install ml on that and then make the USB on that. .? I think I will just make in on lion first and try that..

SE

I installed mine with Yosemite just fine! Followed the guide and all worked great with Chimera/Chameleon. As long as you follow the guide it should be very easy. I even made one for my friend and installed it without the GT 610 then later added it. I'm not sure why you're having difficulties with it may be ML but I know the guide shows it being supported. I would keep trying cuz it should be something very easy. I then upgraded to clover recently and it went really smoothly even got the HDMI audio to work with a kext also imessage is working fine on clover with auto generated SN.

I can Borrow Intel Core 2 Duo processor from one of the PC's from work if needed. Well see I am making on the other MacBook with Lion it may take all night its very slow but works well.

SE

Ok
  1. New USB stick
  2. Fresh download into Application directory Of (ML)
  3. Made USB just like in guide Unibeast 5.2
Same problem
I'm going to borrow a CPU form a computer in work today core 2 duo core

SE

Ok
  1. New USB stick
Same problem
I'm going to borrow a CPU for a computer in work today core 2 duo core

SE

Whats the problem you're having?

Ok
  1. New USB stick
Same problem
I'm going to borrow a CPU for a computer in work today core 2 duo core

SE
Hmmm. From where did you download your version of ML?

Jbamford
I can't get to the installer keep rebooting. I do not even see a apple with a bar I get just a glimpse of the Apple logo when using flag -x

Stork
Apple App Store
I made the USB install stick with a different MacBook a new USB stick downloaded from the Apple App Store agian to that Mac book Unibeast 5.20
the USB stick is not the problem

Agamoruso
the only thing I see that is different on the spec's of the cpu is yours has 4meg cache my has 6meg. If it don't work it didn't cost me anything I will try just to say I did.

If that don't work it's something in the bios.
I have set to default. And changed the boot order and AHCI. The system came with bios version 1.07 I upgraded to 114 as in the guide before tempting installation.

We have at work workstations that use the core 2 duo for web browsing and remote desktop . Wordprocessor . Some of them had started to fail mainly power supplies. When I found the post about these machines I told Are purchaser about them he bought two of them right away and they worked great. Faster than the older machines I would say is equivalent to some of the I3 machines we were paying three and $400 for. I told him we should throw solid-state drives 120 g 45 bucks more. You didn't want to buy them and dissect them so to speak but anyways He did listen to half of what I said. I'll quit while I'm ahead I don't know if you have worked with those guys. Lol

If the CPU don't work I'm going to swap out the motherboard with one of the ones at work that still has the bios 1.03 however before I do that I'm going to bring my USB stick unplug the drive and see if it will start to install..

Thats the plan.

SE

OK. Problem solved

I took a CPU home Core 2 Duo. That did not work

I convince my boss to allow me to take Home One of the two computers that they purchased for work. I Said it was going to update something for them. I swapped the new video card in solid-state drive
It went right into the installer as soon as I booted and is installing as I am posting this going to update to 1.13 bios after I install.

I am going to bring back to work the one with the updated bios 1.14

:thumbup:

Thanks for everybody's support DO NOT recommend updating to bios 1.14 Might want to add that to the beginning of a the guide

You are correct it is a very easy install as long as you don't update the bios to 1.14

SE

Jbamford
I can't get to the installer keep rebooting. I do not even see a apple with a bar I get just a glimpse of the Apple logo when using flag -x

Stork
Apple App Store
I made the USB install stick with a different MacBook a new USB stick downloaded from the Apple App Store agian to that Mac book Unibeast 5.20
the USB stick is not the problem

Agamoruso
the only thing I see that is different on the spec's of the cpu is yours has 4meg cache my has 6meg. If it don't work it didn't cost me anything I will try just to say I did.

If that don't work it's something in the bios.
I have set to default. And changed the boot order and AHCI. The system came with bios version 1.07 I upgraded to 114 as in the guide before tempting installation.

We have at work workstations that use the core 2 duo for web browsing and remote desktop . Wordprocessor . Some of them had started to fail mainly power supplies. When I found the post about these machines I told Are purchaser about them he bought two of them right away and they worked great. Faster than the older machines I would say is equivalent to some of the I3 machines we were paying three and $400 for. I told him we should throw solid-state drives 120 g 45 bucks more. You didn't want to buy them and dissect them so to speak but anyways He did listen to half of what I said. I'll quit while I'm ahead I don't know if you have worked with those guys. Lol

If the CPU don't work I'm going to swap out the motherboard with one of the ones at work that still has the bios 1.03 however before I do that I'm going to bring my USB stick unplug the drive and see if it will start to install..

Thats the plan.

SE

A few things that can cause reboot issues. Pen drive isn't made correctly/maybe damaged or corrupt. The App from the App Store maybe corrupt when downloading can sometimes happens. AppleHPET.kext can cause reboot problems so you need to boot with -f. The CPU can cause problems if your using a Dual Core CPU not a Core 2 duo CPU then that's another cause. Dual Core CPUs in OS X are problematic. Kernel missing or corrupt can also cause reboot problems.

OK. Problem solved

I took a CPU home Core 2 Duo. That did not work

I convince my boss to allow me to take Home One of the two computers that they purchased for work. I Said it was going to update something for them. I swapped the new video card in solid-state drive
It went right into the installer as soon as I booted and is installing as I am posting this going to update to 1.13 bios after I install.

I am going to bring back to work the one with the updated bios 1.14

:thumbup:

Thanks for everybody's support DO NOT recommend updating to bios 1.14 Might want to add that to the beginning of a the guide

You are correct it is a very easy install as long as you don't update the bios to 1.14

So just to clarify this for other readers of the thread. You installed with the same Unibeast installer, 10.8.5 Mt. Lion on an Elite 8000 with the Q9505 quad core. The exact same hardware as the previous one that failed to get to the installer ? The newer HP BIOS V 1.14 was the only difference between the two machines ? The one that worked had which BIOS version ? If I recall the DC7900s have no problem with the newer 2015 V1.14 BIOS. I know that HP added some extra security for Windows due to a newly discovered hardware vulnerability. Any of these Elite 8000s that you're running Win 7/10 on it's best to be on the most current 1.14 rev. Not clear how it would effect the OS X install.

It would be interesting to see if you upgrade to 1.14 whether that prevents booting of Mt. Lion. Just so
you know once you upgrade to that BIOS you're stuck with it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back