Contribute
Register

The EZ 8000 - Core 2 Duo E8400 - Affordable CustoMac Media Center

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/attachmen...-hp-compaq-dc7900-sff-voodoohda-dc7900sff.zip

use this driver audio and his kext installer to enable HDMI audio on GT610 without any need of clover.

Once installed, go to system preferences and select the fourth Digital Out hdmi on sound effects in the drop menu from "play sound effect trough" and on output : select the fourth option hdmi also.

Then the sound will work :)

I noticed this: AllowMSI/true in the attached VoodooHDA kext.
Code:
<key>AllowMSI</key>
<true/>
Is this kext specific to the MSI branded GT610 ? Or is AllowMSI needed just for that card and
not the other brands like EVGA and ASUS ?

If anyone is looking to upgrade to a C2Quad quad core CPU for their EZ 8000 there are
many now available on Ebay in the 20-22 dollar price range.

Q8400 Quad Core CPU

The C2Duo E8400 has a faster clock speed and more L2 Cache but only 2 cores.
So the upgrade only makes sense if you have to have 4 cores for some reason.
Possibly gaming or video/photo editing etc. If you are serious about needing
4 cores and a higher clock speed too, get the Q9550 which will cost about 30
dollars more than the Q8400 when you buy it refurbished.

They are pretty cheap now. Core 2 Quad CPUs are still decent. I'm using a Core 2 duo in my NAS Build. But my elite 8000 only has a core 2 duo CPU.

I don't have a quad core so if someone who does can try this and report back that would be great.

I don't know if it helps at all but I run a Core 2 Quad Q8200 2.33GHz in my dc7900 build and no additional configuration was required. I run it as an iMac10,1 and it is reported as a Quad-Core Intel Xeon in System Report.

I don't know if it helps at all but I run a Core 2 Quad Q8200 2.33GHz in my dc7900 build and no additional configuration was required. I run it as an iMac10,1 and it is reported as a Quad-Core Intel Xeon in System Report.

Is that what Clover selects (iMac 10,1) for you or do you have to set it manually with the configurator
app ?

Is that what Clover selects (iMac 10,1) for you or do you have to set it manually with the configurator app ?

If I remember correctly it was what Clover selected.

Hi all thanks for the guide grate buy even for you swap out the hard disk for a solid state drive and use Windows 10 for a multimedia system is well worth it. I also got one from my mother and she's using it as her every day desktop she doesn't do much though just surf the web and play some silly games . Once you bump up the memory and add a solid-state it's a really nice machine for the price under 200.00 with a
I ordered this one with the Quad core only a 6meg cache I may upgrade it later I want to see how it performs first
it came with 4Gig ram 500 gig hard drive and I opened the case..:eek:every thing looks like it was never used !!!!!
Used the Evga GT610 card

I got 2 8gig ram chips was waiting to install them when I get OS X installed
http://www.amazon.com/HP-Compaq-Quad-Q9505-2-83GHZ-Windows/dp/B00OY66JRE/

However I am having trouble getting to the installer. Just as I'm about to get to the installer it reboots. And I am back at the clover screen the I snapped a picture just before it reboots
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8JrANYoMOW5X05YRXotTmhBWXM/view?usp=sharing something about Darwin x86_64. Here is a link to it.

I have Build a hackintosh with my Nuc and all is good with that. I thought this would be a breeze but maybe I am missing something very simple .

I am using Mountain lion . Really wanted to use mavericks I have a friend that has it so I might have him make me a USB installer but really I just want to get mountain lion install for now .
I am creating my USB installer with a my apple MacBook Pro.
I went online and purchased mountain lion from the app store waited two days for the download code. downloaded it to applications on my MacBook Pro.
just as explained in the guide Legacy boot mode with UniBeast 5.20 takes about 15 to 30 minutes to make the USB drive installer.
Only thing I changed in the bios is too update to 1.14
And eSATA to 3.0 and AHCI
And the CD ROM to boot first and the USB 2nd

The flags I've tried -x -v -f Also try graphics enabler yes and no
However I will say with -x at the very end I will start to see a flash of the installer Apple and reboot?

looking for some help?
SE

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    777 KB · Views: 132
However I am having trouble getting to the installer. Just as I'm about to get to the installer it reboots. And I am back at the clover screen the I snapped a picture just before it reboots

Are you using Chimera as your bootloader ? I wouldn't try to use Clover. Are you using any of the
other boot flags? Really shouldn't need PCIRootUID=1 at all for Mtn. Lion or any for that matter.

Make sure to only have one drive connected (the one for ML) when you try the installation.
Make the USB first in the boot order before the optical drive or SSD.

You can do the install with either the onboard graphics or the GT 610.
You may also want to do the install with just one 8GB DIMM of Ram instead of two.
Better yet, just use the original 4 GB of ram instead. :thumbup:

The only flag that seemed to help was -X you could start to see the apple load screen. I tried as many other flags as I found in the forms Including PCIRoot

1. The boot loader is whatever is in Unibeast 5.2 for Mountain lion Legacy boot mode. I think chimera. I tried making it with Unibeast 6.0 for El Captain it would not let me select mountain lion
2. I made The USB installer stick on Yosemite 10.10.5

I do have a MacBook that has lion on it I can update it to Mountain lion. And make the usb with that. It takes for ever on that thing.....? Like watching paint dry ....:sick:

I did try only connecting the ssd drive for ML. Disconnect everything else including the CD-ROM.
also different Usb drives and plugged it into slots played with video card I have many. In the end I put the GT 610 back in.

I will try agian later on tonight. Going to buy a new USB drive. And making the installer USB from my Macbook that has lion installed. I could Make a small partition on the Mac book pro and install ml on that and then make the USB on that. .? I think I will just make in on lion first and try that..

SE

I will try agian later on tonight. Going to buy a new USB drive. And making the installer USB from my Macbook that has lion installed. I could Make a small partition on the Mac book pro and install ml on that and then make the USB on that. .? I think I will just make in on lion first and try that..

A new USB drive may do the trick. It's not necessary to make the UniB drive on ML, you should be
able to use any version of OS X that can run Unibeast 5.2. Report back how it goes. I've got a hunch
though that this may be related to the Intel Quad core CPU. I made the guide for Core 2 Duos and
used those in the testing. A core 2 quad should work though, it's just not as straight forward as
with a dual core.

Is important to download Mt. Lion directly to the applications folder of the Mac that you make the
installer on. If you copy it or move it from one drive to another it can cause problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back