Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

Tried to upgrade from 32GB to 64GB of RAM tonight (Corsair 3200 2x32GB), and got stuck at the "OsxAptioFix3 reloc: no ++++++++" when trying to boot. Tried a few "slide=x" args, but no luck.

Prior to this, I ran memtest for hours, and it boots into Windows just fine. So I don't really suspect any issues with the RAM. Also updated to the latest BIOS for the Z390-I, to seemingly no ill effects as I am back with the original 32GB installed while I am typing this now.

I'm suppose I'm going to try the various other memory fixes and do some research, but, if anyone has any other ideas in the meantime, I'm all ears.

Last edited:
Is there a specific way to update to Catalina? I did the auto update, but, after it reboots, it gives me the option to boot from the HDD OS or the installer. After selecting the installer, it just keeps rebooting to the same options. Eventually, if I choose the HHD, it's back to Mojave without updating.

Is there a specific way to update to Catalina? I did the auto update, but, after it reboots, it gives me the option to boot from the HDD OS or the installer. After selecting the installer, it just keeps rebooting to the same options. Eventually, if I choose the HHD, it's back to Mojave without updating.
You have to continue to select the "Install" option after it reboots until the update completes. It's two or three cycles before that happens.

Tried to upgrade from 32GB to 64GB of ram tonight (Corsair 3200 2x32GB), and got stuck at the "OsxAptioFix3 reloc: no ++++++++" when trying to boot. Tried a few "slide=x" args, but no luck.

Prior to this I ran memtest for hours, and boots to Windows just fine so I don't really suspect any issues with the RAM. Also update to the latest bios for the Z390-I, to seemingly no ill effects as I am back with the original 32GB installed while I am typing this now.

I'm suppose I'm going to try the various other memory fixes and do some research, but if anyone has any other ideas in the meantime I'm all ears.
If you have an XMP memory profile enabled in the BIOS you can try turning it off.

This thread is pure gold.

Thanks for the documentation. It's more than perfect

You have to continue to select the "Install" option after it reboots until the update completes. It's two or three cycles before that happens.
So far, I have done it about 4 to 5 times, and it keeps on going back to the same screen. Boot macOS install from Mojave HD and boot macOS from Mojave HD. Anything else I could do or check for?

Got it removed the GPU and it finally worked.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for this tutorial got it up and running on Catalina 10.15.2 with a i7-9700K and Radeon RX 5700 XT OC. Gonna start looking into ordering my Bluetooth WiFi card to replace. I currently have a Fenvi one, but don't think I can use since its PCI-E. I'm currently using that for my GPU. And thank you all for the help.

Ok. But that’s strange because with integrated GPU everything work properly.
It works with the external GPU for me when I use HDMI. With DP, the boot screen is stretched.

Back