Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

No sound devices are showing up for me on Catalina. Same configuration except Radeon VII. I get audio through the card but nothing from the board. I am using your provided Catalina Dgpu EFI and indentical bios setting.

Speaking of USB, I mean the “Disk Not Ejecred Properly” problem. It cognizes after the computer exits sleep mode (after 1 minute or after 20 hours, it does not matter). In this case, you have to remove the USB flash drives from the ports and reinsert them.

There is definitely no such problem on the ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-I GAMING?

View attachment 431912

I ll try it out later. I really don't use USB-Sticks.

No sound devices are showing up for me on Catalina. Same configuration except Radeon VII. I get audio through the card but nothing from the board. I am using your provided Catalina Dgpu EFI and indentical bios setting.

I have sound... strange. I also have a Radeon VII. I guess its an Setting problem in Catalina itself? U wanna try my EFI Folder?

I have sound... strange. I also have a Radeon VII. I guess its an Setting problem in Catalina itself? U wanna try my EFI Folder?
Yeah, I'd love to check out your EFI. I think I found the issue. Just installed Win10 for the hell of it, and it couldn't find the audio device either. So I did a hard reset of the BIOS, shorting the posts on the mobo, and it showed up in Windows. Gonna do a fresh install of Catalina later and see if it works now. By chance, what brand is your card? I was having issues with the AMD branded Radeon VII (lock ups), and I flashed the Sapphire BIOS, and it's been rock solid other than that sound issue. Thank you very much for your help. :)

@SergDrakus
No issues with USB Sticks. Tested it right now.

@niner
here is my EFI Folder. I have the Radeon from PowerColor. There is also a custom FakeSMC inside to show the temps of the Radeon VII and a optimised powertable to make the radeon much less noisy.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    24.1 MB · Views: 92
@SergDrakus

@niner
here is my EFI Folder. I have the Radeon from PowerColor. There is also a custom FakeSMC inside to show the temps of the Radeon VII and a optimised powertable to make the radeon much less noisy.
This is very good news for me, thank you very much.

@niner

@StefanIsBuilding

Thanks man. I can't get it to work, not your EFI but my whole build. There is definitely something with this card. Maybe its the AMD branded card I have no idea. Unless I completely disable all audio with AppleHDADisabler.kext I get random crashes. I have no idea how some systems work fine with the Radeon VII while others do not. I've spent probably 40 hours messing with this only to every time get the same result. Tried different SMBIOS, multi-monitor GPU etc. Tried DisplayPort vs HDMI but nothing works. Tried Mojave and Catalina with the same exact results. I've got the same board as you but with a 9900k which I'm not overclocking and just using optimized settings except the standard stuff we change for Hackintosh. I did verify this card works perfectly without issue in Win10 as well.

@SergDrakus

Update: So I think I may have figured it out. There is a setting in the bios called m.2 express or something similar which changes the speed of the m.2 cards which in turn causes the Radeon to run at 8x instead of 16x which seems to cause all these problems. I'll update once I get a fresh install and verify that was the problem. Crossing my fingers.

Yep that was it. Works perfectly. Going to try out your EFI folder again later when I can and check out the Radeon stuff you included. Thanks again for your help!

Last edited:
@ModMike hey man just wanted to say thanks. Using your EFI on a similar build but with a Radeon VII and everything works without a hitch.

I really love my Apple Magic Keyboard.

Can I use it with the hackintosh Bluetooth module (Native) built into the ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-I GAMING? If so, what settings do you need to make?

I see this as a temporary solution until I get the Dell DW1560 or its analogue.

Back