Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

So just download the Catalina installer, update your EFI Folder with the new .zip and then hit update?

So just download the Catalina installer, update your EFI Folder with the new .zip and then hit update?
That’s exactly what I did with the initial Catalina release. But the update this week has changed something as discussed in the last 10 posts or so.

Thanks! Everything works flawless. Even my Logitech Master MX can now connect via Bluetooth. (I Don't know, it didn't worked before in Mojave... looks like its more compatible to Catalina.)

Just deactivated some KEXT patches for USB and add my old SSDT_USB and everything is smooth! I use HDMI instead of DVI. (On my old monitor I don't have advantage of DVI and I don't have a cable for it.)

Has anyone using this build managed to get their system to boot with a 5700 XT installed. I have upgraded to 10.15.1 Update 2, and I can't get it to boot at all. It freezes every time. If I install with a RX 570, it works fine.
There seem to be a lot of posts regarding that card, and the 5700, and advice on how to enable it. One of them is here and both versions are discussed, read through some of the entries which seem to point to doing this:

Disable Integrated graphics.
Don’t use inject ATI or EDiD, and disable Whatevergreen or use the boot arg agdpmod=pikera

Last edited:
There seem to be a lot of post regarding that card, and the 5700, and advice on how to enable it. One of them is here and both versions are discussed, read through some of the entries which seem to point to doing this:

Disable Integrated graphics.
Don’t use inject ATI or EDiD, and disable Whatevergreen or use the boot arg agdpmod=pikera

Yea I tried all of those I can only get Catalina to boot without whatevergreen but I’ll have to check on if I do edid and ATI Inject.

I plan to buy a motherboard ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-I GAMING. Is this assembly 100% functional?

Does anyone have problems with removing drives (flash drives) after exiting sleep mode?

No board is 100 compatible. U have to use a different BT and WLAN stick or card. Also the AURO light is not working in terms of set them up to special modes. But everything else is working smoothly.

No issues with removing drives after sleep for me. But that's more a problem by setting up BIOS etc correctly.

No board is 100 compatible. U have to use a different BT and WLAN stick or card. Also the AURO light is not working in terms of set them up to special modes. But everything else is working smoothly.

No issues with removing drives after sleep for me. But that's more a problem by setting up BIOS etc correctly.
I understand that you need to change the Wi-Fi / Bluetooth module to a new one, this is obvious :)

Now I am using ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX / ac, but due to factory defects (Coil Whine) I have to exchange it for another. On this motherboard, I, like everyone, have a problem with removing the drives after getting out of sleep, and there is no way to solve it.

Therefore, I am considering the purchase of the model ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-I GAMING.

Speaking of USB, I mean the “Disk Not Ejecred Properly” problem. It cognizes after the computer exits sleep mode (after 1 minute or after 20 hours, it does not matter). In this case, you have to remove the USB flash drives from the ports and reinsert them.

There is definitely no such problem on the ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-I GAMING?

Screenshot 2019-07-15 at 15.49.13.png

Back