Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

I am *brand new* to the Hackintosh and I already own an LG Ultrafine 5K display for my Macbook Pro. I was wondering if this build would work if I put in an Alpine Ridge Thunderbolt 3 card? I've searched the forums but I've not found anything specific for this motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-I...
Probably not and even if you could get it working you would need to give up the one pcie slot typically reserved for a graphics card. Doesn’t make sense to me but I don’t know your plans. Personally I’d go with a bigger board like the Gigabyte Designare.

Hello, @ModMike, just wanted to say thank you for your hard work on this guide. I followed step by step and it worked flowlessly. (Although I did have to flash my MB BIOS to make it work.) Thanks again, and I'll have a beer for your good health.

Hi to all of you@ I am new to hackintosh, but over the years I made a lot of research of it. I am finally ready Yesterday, I followed this guide which helped me a lot, and I manage to finish my Hackintosh.

My components are

Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix Z390-E
CPU: Intel 9700K
RAM: G.skill Trident 16GB 3200Mhz (Running on XMP1)
NVMe: Samsung 970EVO 500GB
Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro
Other Devices:
Commander Pro with 3 Fans and 1 Thermal Sensor( I did this so i do not need to reconfigure the fan curvers even i reinstall OS)
PSU: Corsair RMi750
Asus TPM 2.0 installed

So everything works just fine. But when I decided to enable File Vault, Clover cannot find my boot drive. I get only the Clover boot screen without any drive to select to boot.

Can you please provide me a solution or a fix for my problem?

Sorry for my bad English.

Thanks for everything.

Hi to all of you@ I am new to hackintosh, but over the years I made a lot of research of it. I am finally ready Yesterday, I followed this guide which helped me a lot, and I manage to finish my Hackintosh.

My components are

Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix Z390-E
CPU: Intel 9700K
RAM: G.skill Trident 16GB 3200Mhz (Running on XMP1)
NVMe: Samsung 970EVO 500GB
Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro
Other Devices:
Commander Pro with 3 Fans and 1 Thermal Sensor( I did this so i do not need to reconfigure the fan curvers even i reinstall OS)
PSU: Corsair RMi750
Asus TPM 2.0 installed

So everything works just fine. But when I decided to enable File Vault, Clover cannot find my boot drive. I get only the Clover boot screen without any drive to select to boot.

Can you please provide me a solution or a fix for my problem?

Sorry for my bad English.

Thanks for everything.

See here for a detailed description of what it may take to get file vault working

So you are using that replacement WiFi Bluetooth card with an adapter then? If both those devices are working you should have Bluetooth working natively, like the WiFi. No kexts needed that would be included in either of Modmike’s EFI folders.

I have read posts from users having similar issues where there was a conflict with an Apple Airport card and the included onboard Intel WiFi Gigabyte supplies with the board. They either had to disable the Intel card and or had to relocate the adapter card to a different PCIe slot that wasn’t shared.

Last edited:
So you are using that replacement WiFi Bluetooth card with an adapter then? If both those devices are working you should have Bluetooth working natively, like the WiFi. No kexts needed that would be included in either of Modmike’s EFI folders.

I have read posts from users having similar issues where there was a conflict with an Apple Airport card and the included onboard Intel WiFi Gigabyte supplies with the board. They either had to disabled the Intel card and or had to relocate the adapter card to a different PCIe slot that wasn’t shared.

Yea I think you're right. I'm going to remove the native WiFi/BT card that came with my motherboard. IDK why WiFi works but Bluetooth doesn't, and, when I run my System report and go to Bluetooth, it doesn't show my Broadcom card. It shows an Ericsson card for some reason, and I think it's reading my MoBo's BT instead of the one I added. If I go to the WiFi section, it doesn't show my Broadcom card... weird.

I'll report back soon!

I have read posts from users having similar issues where there was a conflict with an Apple Airport card and the included onboard Intel WiFi Gigabyte supplies with the board. They either had to disable the Intel card and or had to relocate the adapter card to a different PCIe slot that wasn’t shared.

Holy cow, it worked!

I disconnected the native WiFi/BT card on the Mobo, and it now recognizes the Broadcom card. Turned it on and it worked! :D

super pumped!

#Update

I managed to update to MacOS 10.14.6 without any issues.
Schermafbeelding 2019-07-22 om 20.38.14.png

Attachments

• Schermafbeelding 2019-07-22 om 20.38.14.png
    Schermafbeelding 2019-07-22 om 20.38.14.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 66
Back