Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

The purple static is normal. Do you have wake from LAN enabled in the BIOS or in your Mojave power settings? Double check your graphics settings in the BIOS, too. Also, did you ever iron out your Bluetooth issues?

After several tests, Bluetooth with DW1560 does not work if SMBIOS 19,2 is used. I solved changing to 18,3 with (BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext)

Last edited:
Was looking at getting this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/263979785859?ul_noapp=true for the same ASUS mobo - seems quite a few people are having problems getting the bluetooth to work on it though?

Perhaps better if I explore other options? That said I really like the idea of replacing the internal card cleanly

Was looking at getting this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/263979785859?ul_noapp=true for the same ASUS mobo - seems quite a few people are having problems getting the bluetooth to work on it though?

Perhaps better if I explore other options? That said I really like the idea of replacing the internal card cleanly
Looks like it would work and fit with out mods, did you find the mini guide within this guide on how to replace it?

Broadcom WiFi/Bluetooth [Guide]

WiFi and Bluetooth working out of box on macOS with Apple branded Broadcom BCM94360. Enables specific half mini and M.2 BCM94352 on macOS with methods described below. Credit: RehabMan

This thread does not support:
  • macOS/Continuity
  • Atheros/Qualcomm WiFi/Bluetooth
  • Intel CNVi Wifi/Bluetooth
Change Log
v1.1 - 10/26/2018: 10.14 support, AirportBrcmFixup replaces all previous WiFi methods
v1.0 - 1/5/2018: 10.13/Broadcom WiFi/Bluetooth support

Previous thread: [Guide] Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2/Deprecated

Broadcom WiFi + BT (2 antennas, except as noted)
  • PCIe/x1: BCM94360CD - native WiFi/ac and BT4LE (3 antennas)
  • PCIe/x1: BCM94331CD - native WiFi and BT4LE
  • M.2: BCM943602BAED/DW1830 - native WiFi/ac and BT4LE (3 antennas)
    • Laptop issues/solutions, see jaymonkey/Post #138
  • M.2: BCM94360CSAX - native WiFi/ac and BT4LE (3 antennas)
  • M.2: BCM94360CS2 - native WiFi/ac and BT4LE
  • M.2: BCM94352Z/AzureWave AW-CE162NF/DW1560 - supports WiFi/ac and BT4LE
  • M.2: BCM94350ZAE/DW1820A - native WiFi/ac and BT4LE
  • Half mini: BCM94360HMB/AzureWave AW-CB160H - native WiFi/ac and BT4LE (3 antennas)
  • Half mini: BCM94352 HMB/AzureWave AW-CE123H - supports WiFi/ac and BT4LE
Requirements
  • macOS 10.11 or newer
  • Supported Broadcom WiFi/BT
  • Clover v4658 or newer
Broadcom WiFi/Bluetooth Repo
wireless_broadcom

Looks like it would work and fit with out mods, did you find the mini guide within this guide on how to replace it?

Cheers for that!

Yep spotted that thanks - I guess the other option is to use one of the M.2 slots to add a used genuine apple one? People seem to think that provides the best OOTB compatibility.

Cheers for that!

Yep spotted that thanks - I guess the other option is to use one of the M.2 slots to add a used genuine apple one? People seem to think that provides the best OOTB compatibility.
It can and you could with an adapter but you would need to route antenna wires missing to that location. I'm sure its possible but I tend to think storage is a better option for those slots, might rethink your choice of board being how restrictive the ITX boards are for expansion. Thats just me, had this board and sold it

At the Clover bootloader hit the space bar and chose -v for verbose. Take a picture of where it stalls and post it. Dumb question that has stopped others, do you have a Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD? If Secure Boot is enabled in the bios it will also halt the installer.
@Leesureone Meant to tell you I do not have a Samsung but had the issue resolved following MacMan's Build found here. Thank you for your help and quick response!

I don't have pics of the process of replacing the stock Intel card with the NGFF adapter + Apple Broadcom(BCM94360CS2) card, but it's pretty well the same as the instructions in the first post to replace the stock card with the Dell 1560. (Works out of the box, with no extra kexts required, and have full WiFi/Bluetooth/Handoff/Continuity.)

Then, just the matter of no longer replacing the fancy Aluminum heat I/O cover shroud. I did choose to mount some smaller heat sinks on the VRM's that the I/O shield previously acted as a heat sink of sorts. Necessary? Probably not, but can't hurt.

I mounted longer antenna pigtails from the card directly to the I/O back plate, as the ones from the no longer used metal shield/box were too short to re-use.

I'll try to take some pics later, but as of now the build is humming along nicely in an Ncase M1 SFF case (not much room to view the internals at this point).

My parts list is as follows:

- NGFF to M.2 adapter. $16 from Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KHRJVXW/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

- BCM94360CS2 card from eBay. I ordered a couple of these, just in case I received a defective card and/or future use. $7-8/each.

- Longer antenna pigtails that fit the above card: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07S2LYC1F/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

All in, spent far less money than what I (over)paid for the Dell 1560 that I could absolutely not make work.

My parts list is as follows:

- NGFF to M.2 adapter. $16 from Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KHRJVXW/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

- BCM94360CS2 card from eBay. I ordered a couple of these, just in case I received a defective card and/or future use. $7-8/each.

- Longer antenna pigtails that fit the above card: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07S2LYC1F/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

All in, spent far less money than what I (over)paid for the Dell 1560 that I could absolutely not make work.
Thanks for the tip.
So, in few words, you did plug BCM94360CS2 card into the NGFF to M.2 adapter, the pigtails antenna into the BCM94360CS2 and to finish the NGFF to M.2 adapter into the M2 slot of the motherboard, right ?
If you purchase the Dell's M.2 card, you also need pigtails antenna ?

@Stork I saw some of your guides, very nicely formatted. Mind if I edit mine to match? Don't want to be in it at the same time as you.
Thx, @ModMike. I plan to purchase and build the same Hackintosh you did. I use to build 10 years ago a Hackintosh, before I got real iMac and MBP, but I remember too many hours spent to debug like you did, so many thanks for that.
I would have prefer to refresh my iMac27" late 2012 with a brand new one but Apple is really greedy. When I had to to change my dead Hard drive on this Mac by myself, I didn't enjoy the exercise, neither.
I also realize, since Snow Leopard, Apple didn't improve macOS a lot, no killer feature. The only "new" feature I enjoy since 7 years is the dark mode (and Air Drop sometimes). The Catalina new feature list is not going to change my POV.
I didn't complain, macOS is close to perfect to me so as far it is stable it is ok for me.
Sorry for telling my life. :)
I will try to stick to your guide, I hope I won't have bad surprises :)

If the Dell card works for you, you will not need longer antennas.

Yes, that sums up what I did. Plugged the BCM94360CS2 into NGFF adapter, and into the same slot where the stock intel card once resided. Longer antennaes needed in this case, but works great.

Back