Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

Could you post step by step todo list of how to update SystemSerialNumber and SystemUUID before the folder is copied?

I have IGPU only. So, I don't need anything that relates to DGPU.
What if downgrade WhateverGreen/Lilu?
Thanks in advance!
Generate a pair with Clover/OpenCore configurator and then paste it in the config.plist file.
I don't see why you would downgrade WG/Lilu.

Generate a pair with Clover/OpenCore configurator and then paste it in the config.plist file.
I don't see why you would downgrade WG/Lilu.
The status update.
I tried your OC EFI. Well, it works more stable. When the monitor power button is pressed, the system does not crash. But the monitor says "no signal".
I tried the original OC EFI from post #1. Unfortunately, the system can not boot with that folder. It reboots when ~75% is loaded (Apple logo). Even more, I tried to create a bootable USB device with that OC folder (post #1). And I got the same issue. The PC reboots every try on the first logo at ~75% progress. Leesureone, I think something wrong with IGPU OC configuration.
I'm going to try the build I found on GitHub: https://github.com/czombos/asus-rog-strix-z390-i-gaming-hackintosh
It contains Clover and OC configurations as well.
Thanks again!

The status update.
I tried your OC EFI. Well, it works more stable. When the monitor power button is pressed, the system does not crash. But the monitor says "no signal".
I tried the original OC EFI from post #1. Unfortunately, the system can not boot with that folder. It reboots when ~75% is loaded (Apple logo). Even more, I tried to create a bootable USB device with that OC folder (post #1). And I got the same issue. The PC reboots every try on the first logo at ~75% progress. Leesureone, I think something wrong with IGPU OC configuration.
I'm going to try the build I found on GitHub: https://github.com/czombos/asus-rog-strix-z390-i-gaming-hackintosh
It contains Clover and OC configurations as well.
Thanks again!
There have been lots of changes to the OS but Modmike hasn’t been able to update his folders for quite sometime. In the long run, and maybe this is your plan, a discreet graphic card will go a long way to help iron out your issue. I’ve built and sold three of these “i” motherboard systems each using various graphics cards and OpenCore and they were all rock solid no issues. Same for my daily driver “e” system.
Keep us updated!

For those with the Z390P Prime and the blank screen on BIOS I managed to fix it, by enabling emulated NVRAM & refreshing the bios for windows (touch wood...) it's been good for a little while now, thought that I would come back and share.
Guide for emulated NVRAM:

Also managed to fix unlock with Apple Watch by following this guide to reset iServices & then disabling the Serial Port in BIOS

Hello CaroImperio,

Could you please so kind and upload your current EFI.
I use the same Board and use currently opencore 0.58.
I still have the black BIOS problem.

Regards
kaminkehrer

There have been lots of changes to the OS but Modmike hasn’t been able to update his folders for quite sometime. In the long run, and maybe this is your plan, a discreet graphic card will go a long way to help iron out your issue. I’ve built and sold three of these “i” motherboard systems each using various graphics cards and OpenCore and they were all rock solid no issues. Same for my daily driver “e” system.
Keep us updated!
Hello! Heh. Yesterday I updated to the latest recently released Lilu, WhateverGreen, VirtualSMC, and AppleALC kexts. And what do you think? Yes, awake is working now. Unfortunately not ideally.
I have some issues:
  1. I need to switch on a monitor manually. Otherwise, it does not determine that the signal has resumed.
  2. After the sleep-wake cycle the animation, video, and so on start to lag. It looks like in case when you have 30 GHz only. Or less than 24 FPS. This way I still have to restart my computer after waking up from sleep.
  3. In sleeping mode, the power to all USB devices stop. I.e. I can't charge my phone. If I replug the phone, OSx starting the awake process. Windows didn't block Type-C port. Or somehow realized that this was a phone and it could be charged? But it still works when PC is shut down.
Based on that, we can conclude that something wrong with drivers for iGPU (or when a PC doesn't have DGPU) in Hackintosh OS.

Hello! Heh. Yesterday I updated to the latest recently released Lilu, WhateverGreen, VirtualSMC, and AppleALC kexts. And what do you think? Yes, awake is working now. Unfortunately not ideally.
I have some issues:
  1. I need to switch on a monitor manually. Otherwise, it does not determine that the signal has resumed.
  2. After the sleep-wake cycle the animation, video, and so on start to lag. It looks like in case when you have 30 GHz only. Or less than 24 FPS. This way I still have to restart my computer after waking up from sleep.
  3. In sleeping mode, the power to all USB devices stop. I.e. I can't charge my phone. If I replug the phone, OSx starting the awake process. Windows didn't block Type-C port. Or somehow realized that this was a phone and it could be charged? But it still works when PC is shut down.
Based on that, we can conclude that something wrong with drivers for iGPU (or when a PC doesn't have DGPU) in Hackintosh OS.
I had an i5 running on this board with OpenCore 0.59 and it worked fine without a DGPU. I did have issues using two monitors but changed the iGPU device ID and tweaked the connectors using Hackintool and got it going. WEG is always in development and sometimes requires effort on the users part to identify the best Device ID and connector options as I had to. Same thing using Clover.
Again any issues you are having with USB is not related to your display problems, totally separate issue to tackle. Wish I could help you more.

Last edited:
Keep the boot argument and add back the WEG and LILU Keats and you should be good.

Add back the WEG and LILU kexts and keep the boot argument.
how can add back WEG and LILU if i cannot boot to macOS? sorry if this a dumb question
No boot disk? Do you have windows on the same machine? (that’s a tough way to have to go unless you have prior experience). PS never heard of running without Lilu before...

Hi
I installed BCM94360NG in the standard place (I/O shield)
photo_2020-08-09 13.24.35.jpeg
Screenshot 2020-08-09 at 12.52.25.png
WIFI & BT works
EDIT: without antennas BT won't work

Last edited:
I'd suggest going the OpenCore route. Use this EFi folder on your USB Boot drive, it already has the agdpmod=pikera boot argument but lacks kexts for a DW1560 but those can be added.

If you feel like you have to stay with Clover maybe this EFI will work for you. #3,816 It did for @perics

Thank you for this. Used this on my other build.

i7-9700k
Asus Strix z390-i
Sapphire RX5500

Only two problem though, there's no sound using hdmi. My other build which has same-is specs using clover works. (RX580). Any ideas?

And only the two blue USB port from the back of the motherboard works.

Last edited:
Back